tossed between a couple cars. help me sort it out.

What do i want? I need a car I can beat the hell out of daily. take to the track (road course) beat on it some more and not have to fix it all the time and have stupid shit break constantly.

here are the cars I have been thinking of.

BMW Z4M
http://rawautos.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/06-uk-z4m-coupe-f3q-s.jpg

2011 mustang gt

http://images.thecarconnection.com/med/2011-mustang-gt_100302464_m.jpg

audi S4 (v8)
audi A6 (V8)

I realize that these cars are very different. I enjoy being able to hit the roadcourse or audoX from time to time so that kind of eliminates the A6, i’m really after sheer fun to drive, that drops my interest in the S4 a bit. I like the mustangs looks and the new engine has a bunch more power than prior years and the modding community is always huge for them, but honestly I am kind of leaning to the Z4M coupe 1. for fun to drive. 2. baller status or atleast i’m not rocking out a 20 yr old taurus daily. Another thing to keep in mind is this will be a daily driver for summer and winter.

how is the reliabality on the Z4 does anyone know?

BMW cause i hate ford but the audi for daily use would be nice as far as four door with a trunk rather than small ass roadster

How did you come up with this list?

They are all in different price ranges.

Audi S4

z4m > s4 > a6 > mustang

the way i figure is the z4m would be your best choice overall but the s4 and the a6 would be a far better daily in my opinion than a mustang gt.

You consider a G35 coupe?

I’d take the 2011 5.0 mustang over the others any day myself :smiley:

thats cause you are a silly goose…

i have been looking at 2005 ish A4s myself to replace the Spec soon…I am really liking them…but then I see the newer Legacy GTs and I like them too…u have some nice choices there…I personally dont like the look of the BMW but thats personal taste

No, I’d take it too. The '11 Stang is gonna be one hell of a car.

But not for a daily. I’d say S4… or a Legacy GT.

G35>*

with winter driving the only thing that makes sense would be an evo or sti if you ask me

mustang cause i can sell you one!!! Or you can just pick your goddamn TT-SHO that you really want!!!

Z4M sounds like a sewing machine and is not very roomy, but is like a go cart with a busa engine to drive.
My old man has one and likes it for taking a cruise here and there but not DDing it.

why does he not like to DD it? rough ride, or just doesn’t want the miles on it?

+1

S4 = dope

+2! i love those cars

My brother’s Z4M has been perfect for like 40k miles. Drove it to cali and back, twice. Its a damn fine car, but lacks a lot of uses the others have (ie room for some stuff). Also, if you are a larger framed person, forget fitting into those seats. They are narrow. That’s my only complaint about the car.

The S4 could fit you bill best.

Fits only 2 people (tightly) and no storage.
Plus not all the creature comforts of a larger luxury sedan.

:tup:

Just make sure you try to get a 2007…2005’s and early 2006 manual’s had a nasty oil consumption problem due to piston rings going to hell real fast. I dunno what they did in 2007, but the problem seemed to have been fixed with that model year. Before that, they could burn through a quart or more every 1000 miles…bad news bears.

Oh…and i wouldn’t recommend anything older than 2005 since 2005 was the first year they came with 298HP standard in the 6 speed coupe…before that i think it was like 250 or so…

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------

Whoops my bad…the coupe manual had 282 HP pre 2005 and 298 after…my bad. So for the 16 hp difference, if you can find a sick deal on a 2003 or 2004 i say go for it…