Town of Colonie Back at it again

Short story is the TOC was looking to revise a daytime sound ordinance for the hours of 7am-11pm. the sound ordinance would be set to 70 decibels with the exception of lawn mowers and stuff like that. Can make it a real pain for us people who do there own work. I know that some of my air tools can make noises way louder then 70db. My shops on a commercial zone but its not gonna make much difference guess ill have to work with the doors closed.

http://www.timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp?storyID=808509&category=ALBANY&BCCode=&newsdate=6/11/2009

a sentence of up to 7 days jail time for the 1st offense? this town seems like one of the worst places to live…

is the town ran by a bunch of 80 year old grumpy ass geezers?

just to generate revenue.

well yeah. but 70db is not a lot. cars idle higher than that, stock…

That and to generate revenue…

cant wait to call the police on my neighbor if this goes through… revving motorcylces at 10am on sunday mornings to “adjust” the carbs FTL.

thats fucking stupid

:facepalm… I cant stand this town no less the state! after HVCC Im moving elswhere like nevada, tennessee or newhampshire but new hampshire still has snow :eek

hahaah ! i was reving the SHITTTT out of my bike this morning at 5 am and then again at 10 am ROFL

fuck em

Oh man, I am totally getting arrested for riding my bike after 11PM. :rofl

“It’s to bring it into conformity with other municipalities,” said Allegra Edelman, an attorney for the town.

Wow. I love the bullshit they come up with. I should be an attorney.

Well the offense I hear to be be fined for it has to be heard by a police officer. I would assume they would have to prove it with some site of meter to make it a legit offense which would cost a lot of money to supply every police car.

All the officer has to do is “use good judgement” and you’re fucked. They don’t always have to meter things, like tint for example. They are trained for those kind of things, same thing with speed. You don’t always need a radar reading…

I have a truck that does 155db, something tells me the town of colonie would not appreciate it

if my pain in the dick neighbor calls when cosseys having his car idle in my driveway or im using and impact in my garage and a cop comes over and say hes using his good judgement to write me a fine im gonna smack him over the head with a breaker bar or heavy duty pry bar and bury him out back and go park his car at colonie center. :rofl

hahhahah

it’s like the book/movie “one flew over the cuckoo’s nest” :facepalm :Idiots

i feel sorry for you guys in the ToC

clutches PBA card

couldnt of said it better. :rockon:sHa_hehe: plus 70db that cant be right thats the equivalant of standing 5ft from a houshold blender. it literall has to be for income because almost 99% of things out there make more noise than that…

Hey, don’t abuse it.

democrats are in charge now, so not only will they fine you, but make a criminal out of you!