Toyo or Falken?

[size=2]So i’ll be buying new tires soon. hopefully tonight actually and i was wondering if anyone had any opinions on 2 of my choices.

the 2 i’m lookin at now are either the Falken Azenis RT-615’s or the Toyo Proxes 4.

The toyos seem to have better rating on their description, but i hear amazing things about the falkens. also the Toyos are a bit cheaper and have a longer treadlife.

Anyone have the Toyos before? or have any experience with Toyo in general?
[/size]

I have the RT-615s. They are amazing so far. I’ve put 2000 miles on em. 225/45/17 on my Mazda 6. Corners I couldn’t take at 45 with my stock tires which made me slide to the side, now hug the road and feel very firm and strong at 58. Onramps are fun too, even though I’m probably pushing it… but, they dont screech, they dont slide, they just hold the road.

I’m happy with my purchase.

Those were my two choices as well, but I decided to have a winter and summer set of tires, so… the Proxes 4 weren’t needed anymore :slight_smile:

Edgeracing.com for both. Great prices, unless you can find cheaper somewhere else. I couldn’t.

Falkens are great.

Had them on my vette a few years ago.

Adam has them on his hatch now. He loves em.

yeah egde racing does have great prices, but the falkens are only 122 a piece on discounttiredirect.com and they have free shipping so they have the lowest.

i think i’m gonna go with the Falkens. from what i can gather, they probably handle alot better. and that’s what i’m more concerned with.

Try vulcantire.com also they seem to have great prices on the falkens

“cough, support your local merchants, cough”

ive gone through 4 sets of the “old” azenis and would strongly suggest them for summer meat.

the azenis are nice, but they are LOUD

i have yoko advan ad07 on the elise and bridgestone potenza re070 on my sti. Both tires rule.

I would say the re70s were great tires but the whole run flat thing cost me alot of money. At one point i muct had hit a screw and lost pressure on the tire, well it never went down cause they are run flats and since the sti is kind of a rough ride to begin with i didnt notice. Mucho expensive tire and the falkens are just as good, but yes a little louder.

Both are great choices.

i would like to, but where am i gonna find those prices?

I have RT 615’s and love them but they are wearin quick on me, could just be me speaking though.

toyo tires suck. period.
azenis for raw traction, but treadlife is :tif:

azenis FTW

I have these tires and I dont have any problem with them being loud!? Weird

good sound dampening, or you choose to ignore it.

it also gets worse as the tires wear. ask beck how loud they are in the hatch.

Really, then how come almost everyone in SR cup runs them, and everyone that can’t afford Hossiers or V710s runs them in IT?

+1 This is a very loud tire but a good one.

you think proxes 4 tires have good grip?? i sure as hell didnt last time i used them, and i replaced them with azenis…

i really don’t think a high performance all season tire is going to compare in any level to an azeni…if you want to slap a set on your car to prove me wrong though, i’d be willing to watch and laugh as you slide everywhere in them :roll:

toyo proxes T1r are so much better then the 4s … but they are summer tires only

i love my Falken Azenis i have 615s and 215s i like the older ones better but they are both good tires. tread wear is crap and they are loud but i am over that based on their performance.