Toyota FT-86 / Subaru BRZ / Scion FR-S *NOW TURBO*

I’d do it.

I like it a lot :tup:

hottt

I’d trade the 86 in on it. Still holding my breath on the how it will drive part as well.

A little more info on it here:

The Toyota FT-86 concept is the fruit of cooperation between Toyota Motor Company and Subaru, and as such will wear a common chassis and some degree of engine commonality, at the least a 2.0 liter, four cylinder boxer engine dubbed the “C-45 Boxer” and making between 200 and 250 HP will power the rear wheels through a manual six speed transmission, and get this — no hybrid system. Saints be praised.

Perhaps most telling are the car’s overall dimensions. At 163.7 inches long, 69.3 inches, a wheelbase of 101.2 inches, and 49.6 inches high, it’s thankfully compact, smaller in length, width and height than the Nissan 370Z, and slightly longer in wheelbase.

Meh it will be heavy and slow.

says the guy with the F body lol

so Subaru is going to sell something not AWD?

They already are… Kia’s.

touche.

It should come as no surprised that Subaru – a brand that’s made its name in the States for offering rugged, all-wheel drive vehicles – is a little wary about bringing its own version of the RWD Toyobaru to the U.S.

Speaking with Wards Auto, Subaru spokesperson Michael McHale said, “We’re an all-wheel drive brand,” going on to say that, “If it doesn’t affect the core of the brand, maybe we’d bring it in as an interesting option.”

id much rather have a supra.

That’s definitely an apples to oranges comparison.

If the RWD compact coupe does well, you could very well see Toyota start development on a new supra.

But they aren’t going to do that if the market for sports cars dries up with all this fuel and economy (read tree-hugging environmental loving hippies) issues.

Really, the supra is never coming back.

the supra will come back at some point, the name will just grow as an icon, but when it does come back it won’t be as cool.

Great, until you’re doing 150mph down the highway with a stuck accelerator.

2-250 horsepower, you think they could’ve atleast gotten 300 out of it. Nice looking car, I hope toyota doesn’t price it too high.

they could have gotten 600hp out of it, that’s not their goal for numerous reasons.

Looks better then the cr-z and mazda 3. I’m not a fan of this new gaping front Japanese styling.

Instead of making a new thread…Delayed til 2013 so they can see how the CR-Z does. They’ll probably turn it into a damn hybrid :KE