Toyota smear campaign?

I dunno anything about Toyota or the government’s involvement in GM affecting news stations, but one thing I do know about is…

BED must literally salivate when talking about stuff like this. The way he tries to bait people is so ridiculous, it’s like watching a teenager when he watches “conspiracy theory” for the first time and gets really awful ideas and tries to convince all his friends. :tup:

To be honest though if I were Beck I wouldn’t worry about my job. Toyota will continue to grow, perhaps these reliability issues (whether exaggerated or not) will lead them to be MORE than just reliable. Re: fun to drive, stylish, competitive maybe.

I’m far from worried. There has been absolutely no backlash towards the brand as far as I can tell. People are still trading in their 200,000 mile Toyota’s and 50,000 Chevys for Camrys and Corollas. If anything, Toyota has come out with better programs to further bury the competition. Can you say sign and drive on a Corolla LE for $200/month? A comparable Focus is $360/month.

http://money.cnn.com/2010/03/03/autos/Toyota_complaints_after_fix/index.htm?hpt=T2

I’m gonna go out on a limb and say these “stuck throttle” is a computer issue.

Bump for today:

Washington— Federal safety officials said a comprehensive investigation has found no evidence that electronics were to blame for runaway Toyota Motor Corp. vehicles.

And there you have it, for those that consider the NHTSA the end-all-end-all authority.

It’s really interesting to go back and read our responses in this thread in this context.

Even the runaway Prius guy with his compelling 911 phone call was proven to be a scam.

http://thecollegedriver.com/system/photos/940/large/James_Sikes_Runaway_Prius.jpg?1268341671

NHTSA may propose mandatory brake override systems on all vehicles. That software upgrade allows a drive to stop a vehicle by pressing on the brake, even if the throttle is stuck.

Toyota and many other automakers already are making the systems standard on all new vehicles.

NHTSA also is considering proposing mandatory event data recorders — so-called black boxes — in all vehicles by the end of the year. The recorders would help investigators determine the cause of crash.

I know my audi had a brake override setup in it. The S4 did at least. I could not brake boost the car it would shut off. My work van does not and neither does the touareg. I still wonder why they didn’t reflash the cars when they came in for service to enable a brake override feature. a few lines of code and the problem is now a impossibility.

I do not want a black box in my car!!!:tinfoilhat:

they can come give me one for free. ill yank that shit out and shoot it within minutes of them leaving.

You can’t shoot a software update.

im goin out on alimb and saying look after all of this it all settled away almost everyone was lying for money, and abc screwed up the prius on purpose, i think people should say sorrry, for accusing toyota of not caring, but either way it made the market stronger for everybody. and not to mention, toyota never stooped to there level and bashing other people, they kept their heads high and stayed on the good road.

WAT?

Srsly though, quit being a fag.

You understood that pile of letters?