Tranny Fluid?

okay so do i run ATF or gear oil? i have been told both…nissan said to run gear oil…but it seem to be running pretty hot? do i spend the money and go with a synthetic or stay with the 85 - 90? or maybe go with a higher grade? any ideas?

If its an automatic stick with atf, if its manual stick with gear oil. I put 75w 90 synthetic gear in mine, it seemed so nice at first, but I’ve recently noticed it starting to grind. It could be because its getting old or it could be because synthetic is bad for stock ka trannies…. Im curious about the synthetic my self.

Run Redline gear oil! You can pick it up at a few places, Tires 23 in Mississauga, JRP in Mississauga, some CT’s and I belive Sasha from SG is selling it now as well.

Be sure to follow the FSM and fill the tranny correctly.

okay…you say to run redline, why? what is it that makes it better? like right now i put 85 - 140, just cause i live in a small town and that is all they had at 6 oclock at night…but i am really interested to find out cause i am about to drive to alberta next week and i need to know that the ol’girl will make it

Bro thats too thick. I run 80w90 gear oil and my tranny purrs. No grinding. and the tranny is OLD. I think I got semi-synthetic, not full. It seems to be running well for me so far.

It is a high quality synthetic and has been tested and proven many times over esp. in the S chassis 5spd tranny. If you want any further reasons visit the redline site and I’m sure they have pages and pages of technobable.