Tranny Oil..which kind?

what do you guys prefer in an s13 tranny. i will be changing it today.

Redline MT90…
NOT MTL… MTL is thinner and it will start eating away your synchros…

I picked up some motomaster 80w-90…its the closest that had to 75w-90 which is reccomended for 240’s.

will that do? or should i return it?

ah bwoi i can get u amsoil sever gear oil for ur tranny and diff, its good stuff, hard to find and expensive, let me know

if ur driving normally get some regular stuff, but i would avoid motomaster, im tracking/daily drive my car i run royal purple 75w140

http://www.redlineoil.com/products_gearlubricants.asp?subcatID=20&prodID=61

using royal purple, shifts a lot smoother than before.

get gm syncromesh

alrite cool. ill get some royal purple oil, i don’t know why i didn’t think about it before.

One last question… how many liters does the tranny take?

i know the diff takes 2.4L

thanks and let me know guys.

D-K

No, the tranny is 2.4L. The diff is 1.3L or 1.5L(for LSD).
That’s according to the FSM (S13)

And I’ve heard it’s important to get a API GL-4 rated oil in the tranny for proper synchro wear. (GL-5 for the diff)

my SR transmission which apparently is the same type as ka, from bone dry it took 3 quarts (3 bottles until it started overflowing from the overflow)

I heard GL-4 for both the tranny and diff are okay.

there is actually a nissan part for lsd fluid, and apparently only penzoil makes the direct equivalent with the proper friction modifiers

other stuff will more or less work (how can they not) but might wear faster or behave differently

Honestly i’ve been using htis motormaster heavy duty syntheic 75w90 from crappy and although its cheap its AMAZING.

Ditto.