Transmission problems and power steering related problems

Day after drift ops day, when i took car for drive, noticed transmission goes into gear alot firmer or you could say harder in a way, feels good compared to the sloppy gear shift feels from before, but i think this is because of low transmission fluid levels or something, is their a way to check, and is this indeed the problem.

Also, my car makes noises coming from the front suspension when going to full lock, whether it be right or left. At first i thought it might be suspension related, but i checked tension rods, endlinks and coilovers and all that and haven’t really found the problem. Any ideas, this has to be a problem one of you experineced drift guys has come across.

Thanks

not sure what you mean by noise…could be a million different sounds but maybe it’s your springs on your coils binding once you’re closer to full lock? maybe type out the sound effect?

for the tranny, did you first check for leaks anywhere?

to check if your tranny is full locate the fill plug on the side of it, fluid should be up to the bottom of the plug.

as for the sound… describe it more?

Could be your steering rack bushings or something

tranny cannot be leaking, was parked in garage whole night, and theres no puddle or drips or spots, nothing. I’ll check to c if its full.

As for the sound well its kind of like of buckling sound, similar to my old 240, which had problem of binding springs, but i dont’ see that being the problem, because i have coilovers and they are fairly new, coudl they be the problem? So yeah the noise is like something buckling, or you could say loading up and letting go. Know that i write that down, it has to be suspension related, lol. Any ideas?

yeah it could still happen with new coils depending on any preload in the springs. have you tried standing next to one of your wheels and listening when someone turns your steering when the car’s stopped? try it with the car on and off i’d say…

yea its a new problem, and i do have some preload dialed in, i’ll have to check that out this week.

Today the transmission problem got more messed, now when i clutch in and am in gear slowing down or moving slightly at slow speeds, the tranny i think it is making a growling noise and sometimes its a whining noise, what is it, and will it mess something up.

check the ball mount on top of the coil over assembly. its probably seizing.

If it is, you can take it apart and grease it. Ball joints need grease,

otherwise they make a clunking noise when pivoting under load.

For the springs, there should be a large washer or ring that sits on the

bottom and top of the spring to keep it rubbing again’t the collars. If your

missing that part, then just apply some grease to the top and bottom of the

spring where it rests. It does get messy over time, but oh well. Its all about

function.

could be more than 1 problem. Does it make a sound on idle in neutral? Pedal depressed or released?

low fluid will cause whining, so grab a 1/2" drive rachet and loosenn the square nut on the side of the trans.

you need to jack up the car evenly so you can get a proper fluid reading.

stick your finger in and see if the fluid is level with the hole.

only makes sound when tranny is in gear with the clutch pedal pressed down, and only when slowing down or slightly rolling.

i’ll do the coil thing, thanks for the tip.