Traveler's Homeowner Insurance?

Has anyone used them before?

Here’s my deal.

I just bought a house, and I had to get insurance on it before the close.

I have Geico for my car insurance, and they provide homeowner insurance through Traveler’s.

I wanted the multi line discount on both policies, plus I’m a Citibank employee, and I would get the employee discount on the Traveler’s.

My attorney, and my real estate broker are telling me that Travelers is putting too much insurance on the property.

They have this weird gimicky type thing where they insure the dwelling for 150% for the price of 100%.

Their price is less than the 5 other companies that I called.

Total price is $604 for the year for a 2 family duplex in West Seneca. $250k dwelling, $25k structures (I don’t even have a garage), and $300k liability, with a $1000 deductible.

I think I might go with them for now just to get the house closed, then take the policy to allstate later this summer and see if they can beat it.

if its the cheapest then its the cheapest… who cares… especially if its over insured… id rather be over insured then under…

It’s good to be overinsured if you have a duplex, you never know what a tenant can try and sue you for. If you don’t have enough insurance, they come after you.

I have allstate with $1M in liability for like $540 on my duplex, might want to check with them first, it only takes about 20 minutes to get the insurance signed and done.

Travelers were the WORST quote I got by far even though I have geico car insurance.

Allstate was 1/2 the price and since I’m switching my car insurance I’m getting a discount on both.