trips symantec and kills net for 10min

I am able to re-produce but SEP doesn’t log it. I’m going to run a packet capture… standby

adblocker has been doing the trick in the meantime for anyone else having the issue

damnit now I can’t re-produce

I will fuck around with it today and try and find it.

I assume it doesn’t show up all the time since the ads rotate and it might be based on hitting nyspeed.com directly since someone mentioned it might be a 240sx ad which I don’t think pops up on nyspeed.com/forums vs nyspeed.com

yeah I got it the first time i launched it on IE on windows box (where SEP is installed), tried clearing cache and hitting it a bunch of times but the only ads that were rotating were Napa, Innovative and Basil.

From the pcap I took, I did see a bunch of javascript coming from a few ad/tracking sites so that could easily be something that is also triggering it.

From the screenshot I took, it looks like it actually blocked the offending banner ad

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll126/boardjnky4/nyspeed_zps1146ba60.jpg

More than likely it’s just a javascript re-direct to pull a banner ad that’s triggering it.

Forgot to check… But pretty sure it was 240sx related.

I’ve been digging around and can’t seem to locate any ad that might be causing it.

We did have an issue with a setting in our ad software that put random ads on the forum, but unless I’ve overlooked it that feature is shut off for all banners.

And the only banners at the top of the forum are STM, Innovative & Basil at the moment. So boardjnky’s screen shot must have excluded one of them… maybe.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24306[/ATTACH]

What app is that?

NIS :smiley:

this actually just happened now…

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24307[/ATTACH]