Trying to figure out 1/4 ET getto style!!!

Ok guys, im quiet impatient, so i tried to figure out what my B13 can do 1/4 mile, in order to understand what mods i should put on next. Though more importantly i had to first figure out the optimum HP/lbs tq rpm ranges, without an rpm gauge, it differs abit depending on altitude and temprature, i tried about three times from 0-100km on a stop watch, my self timming and driving.

0-100km
First i got 10.29, lol i almost cried my eyes out, then i tried a straight smooth road at 1am out in the country, got 9.35 first time, than 8.23 second time, this was because i was also trying different shift points, getting over the fear of grinding 2nd gear from my previous honda, and shifting faster from one to second.I noticed the thing that kills my 0-100km time is because i have to shift to third at 85km just before 100km, so being underpowered it really takes a beating on at that speed.

I think i could get a 7.90 or something if i had higher octane, better tires, and a tach, even then i have no idea how fast a 0-100 7.90 sec car would do 1/4 mile, can someone give me a hint?

It’s hard for me to tell my rpm limit, because i have no rpm gauge, but i kept my eye on the speedometer to see at what shift point does the needle jump and continue and at what shift point does it lose speed, stagger or fall back or pause then move.

Anyways i’d really appreciate anyone who could give me an approx 1/4 et if my car is running 0-100 lets say 7.90 to 8 sec’s.

thanks.:R

It’s impossible to tell 1/4 ET from simple 0-100km/h times… Aerodynamics, gear ratio, rpm, and other gazillion factors affects the ET. Just do what I did, get a G-Tech Pro SS. I got mine for $150 BNIB.
The 1/4 ET on the stock from G-tech is actually pretty accurate when compared to Nissan tested. Although, I definitely suck at 0-100km… I have to shift into 3rd gear because 2nd gear redlines at 98km/h lol. Maybe I should remove my rev limiter.

yea i figured there just to many factors to predict 1/4 et, thanks anyways, lol i feel your pain, but damm shifting at 98km to third is a bitch!! if someones trying to do 0-100km.

Rev limiter removal ftw! and see how i do from that. :smiley:

^^^good luck bro, don’t blow your engine.lol jks

by the way i got a tach now so if i lets say e.g put my rpm @ 8000 on the tach, does that mean my engine will blow? if my engine limit is 7300 MAX, or the tach dosent control the rev limiter?

i’m asking just to be safe, incase someone or somehow the rpm set on the tach moves.