TSX or S40

Well i was talking to my sister the other day and she is getting rid of her pile of shit audi A4 for ether a acura tsx or a volvo S40. I told her to go with the TSX since a comprable S40 is like 3k more. The TSX she is looking at has a auto and the navi system with the 200hp 2.4, and the S40 has everything the TSX has, but i comes with a 215 or so hp 5cylinder tubro. So which is the better option, has anyone heard bad things about these two cars?

the Volvo

The Volvo is nicer. The Acura will probably need a little less maintanance.

volvo, without hesitation.

new volvo’s = teh win

My wife has a 2004 TSX and it is very nice. I don’t know the specifics of the volvo, but I thought the TSX was pretty reasonable for stuff you get. Ours does not have navi, saw no need, so if she skips the navi she will really undercut the price of the volvo. The volvo might be a little more fun to drive, but for my wife the acura has plenty of power.

Acura: reliability, standard features for price (heated seats are great), excellent value with/without navi (especially without)

Volvo: more power, possibly more fun to drive (with auto may level playing field), AWD? (I think)

she does alot of driving for her job, so the navi would work good for her. so that puts the TSX at about 28-29k and the S40 with the same options would be 34k so thats $5,000 different, for alittle quicker car, and the volvo saftey (whatever that really is) So i told her to go with the TSX since it was cheaper, not to mention the volvo is turboed and she didnt seem to have very good luck with here 1.8T in the audi. Not to mention that i thought acura=honda and volvo=ford so that lead me to the acura. So i hope i told her to get the right car. But most people dont seem to agree, maybe i should tell her to get hte volvo instead

and the volvo does have AWD, but she said shes not worried about that, she lives in DC.

I would go with the volvo myself, great safety ratings and great performance for what they are…

Volvo actually is influenced more by Jaguar

jaguar = Ford :blue:

Volvo S60R

:smiley:

volvo

volvo 260 t or 280 tt

She got the TSX b/c the only s40 that she wanted with what she wasnted on it was in the state of CA. so, i hope she made a good chose

TSX is still a nice ass car

beautiful car