Turbo Actuator Question

I bought a gt2871r turbo off some guy and he included the actuator with the sale. The problem is he had it set at 14psi which is alittle higher then I wanted to run right now. He had the turbo on a blue bird sr. So naturally I had to clock it to make it fit the 240sx. Is there a way to put the actuator back on and run it at a lower boost or will I have to get a new actuator.

Any suggestions will help.

If you clocked it, I’m guessing you’re going to have to reweld the bracket for the actuator to another part of the compressor housing.

If the spring is calibrated to 14psi, that is what you will be running. You can try looking for a different spring that is calibrated to 7psi. Or you can try looking for another actuator whose spring might already be set at 7psi and that might fit on the reclocked config.

Im pretty sure I can just bolt the actualor up to different holes on the compressor housing, should be no problem there. I guess im more interested on how the actuator actually works. The actuator arm is threaded so I was wondering if it can be adjusted. Im exactly sure how the actuator work. If im wasting eveyones time maybe someone could point me in the direction to where I can find some info on actuators. When ppl upgrade to this turbo the have to get a new acutaor, I was curious to how other ppl have there setup.

I have the greddy profect B spec II boost controller, can I use that to bring the boost below 14psi if thats what the actuator is set at or will it be no use. Only good for upping the boost.

A boost controller is only good for raising the boost. The lowest you will hit is what the spring is set to.

As far as the adjustable arm, its purpose is to preload the spring so that the wastegate opens later (at higher boost). It’s not meant to control how much boost you run but rather how boost comes on (although, it will effectively raise boost by a few pounds). I would suggest lengthening the arm to take off any preload there may be…

But it sounds like your best bet is to change the spring.

I beleve you will also need a new Bracket. a turbo from a sunny GTIR needs a new bracket when being used on a normal RedTop/BlackTop

2871 will NOT go lower than 12psi on an sr20, so thats pretty much as low as you’re going to be able to effiectively go to

Thats what I figured about the boost controller. Thought that you couldnt lower the boost with the controller, makes sense. I didnt know that the 2871r would not go lower then 12psi, thnx for that little bit of info. If the GtiR bracket is different then the normal 240sx sr where can I get a bracket from.

just get one made up, there are a lot of people on here that can help you with that.

Thnx alot for the help guys. Ill let ya know how it turns out.