Turbo cars are illegal?

Hey, im currently peicing together my turbo kit for my ka and my car should be done and out within a month. Insurance obviously doesn’t know that im doing it and im brining them the car before i bolt everything on. Now what can cops do if they pull me over? whats illegal to have on it such as breathers?? i know that it will be putting out more emissions then whatever the legalized amount is but getting my emissions is no problem, i will be running a cat so ill be fine for those cops that ive seen using some weird object to check if cars are running a cat on the street. Basicly whats so illegal about it?

thanks

Under the laws of the Environmental Protection Act it’s illegal to modify the emissions system in any way.

Just sorta off topic, but did you know that it doesn’t state anywhere that you need to run only ONE cat. for testing purposes… it even says in the MTO handbook they give to the e-test techs…

So, theoretically, you can make your own “CAT PIPE” that is basically 4 cats welded together… that you bolt up when u need an e-test. (warm the car up ALOT though)

tunned properly a turbo car puts out less emissions and has better eff. numbers … breathers are dumb… whoever came up with that idea should be ground up for feed… get a simple catch can, you can get a simple one made of metal can with some fitings on it or go all out and have one custom made … the esiest way to do it is spend the $35 on ebay and get a knock off of a greddy. Thier are no wired objects that go WITH a turbo that would be illegal… there are of course VERY illegal but oh so much fun WAYs to build a turbo system… :twisted:, but generally if you build a classic turbo setup then you’ve got ZERO to worry about.

I would let your insurance company know about it tho if you like your car. If you get hit, even being as innocent as you were in the accident, they probably wont validate your claim and void your policy.

Trust me on this one, im fighting it myself as we speak

Turbo systems are not illegal but if you don’t tell your insurance company about it they can cancel your policy.

not running your egr is illegal, never seen a ka-t with their egr still hooked up…