Turbo KA

Alright guys, with the suggestions, tips and help from others, i’ve decided to turbo my KA24E. Reason being, i cant afford to insure a SR20 nor get caught with one and lose insurance, i was also told a KA-T will smoke a SR20 hands down running at 15psi with 400+ RWHP…
I know its an expensive upgrade, and i know i will have to work on the internals without a doubt, which is already being started…
but may i ask somebody for a list of everything i will need to turbo it?
or a link i can see a how-to or something…
Thanks in advance 8)

just so you know i dont think your insurance company will exactly be jumping for joy if they catch you with a turboed KA , hell most insurance companies snap if you put lowering srings on your car good luck

thanks, i realized that, but whats worse, a swap and turbo, or turbo thats better than the swap and turbo???
back to my main question…

greatly appreciated. thanks!

Yeah but the turbo ka might be a little harder to spot. Especially if you go with a bottom mount setup. The only thing that may give it away is the intercooler.

The sr however has a bright red (most people get redtops) valve cover that says TURBO and INTERCOOLER in big letters, so it’s kind of a giveaway.

Hey man. To get a good idea where to start and what’ll be needed, look through this site (even though for the DE):

http://www.import-autoperformance.com/240sx.html

It also has a FULL how-to install their turbo kit, which might help:

http://www.import-autoperformance.com/TurboKitManual.htm

IMHO, the site should help in some areas of what you are trying to accomplish. Good luck.

Thats awesome, Jus what i was lookin for Darkforce… BTW, whats your name?

Yeah but the turbo ka might be a little harder to spot. Especially if you go with a bottom mount setup. The only thing that may give it away is the intercooler.

The sr however has a bright red (most people get redtops) valve cover that says TURBO and INTERCOOLER in big letters, so it’s kind of a giveaway.[/quote]

thats why you paint the valve cover black and don’t have the plug cover on :slight_smile:

lets face it if the mechanic is even halfay competent he will know you have a turbo the second he opsens your engine bay, despite what is commonly beleived insurance companies are not dumb and if by some chance that your car is looked at their not gonna have their receptionist do it, so im just saying that if you think your safe by just turboing your Ka your not really, its just my opinion, i know more than a couple of people who wor for insurance companies and their are not as easy to fool as they used to be way back when chevy made their chevelles and rated them 100 horspower less than were. its just a warning, i’m not saying not to do it, im just sayign its worth it to do the swap cause the risk is the same

Glad you enjoyed. 8) I’ve read that manual like 10+ times…just gettin’ a feel for how everything goes so I can eventually do it myself. darkforcejackal comes from an underground rap thing my buddy and I are in called Dark Force and i’m nicknamed Jackal bla bla bla…my actual name is Jonathan. :slight_smile:

The thing is though, i’m sure that they can’t just spot check your car. They would have to tell you first wouldn’t they?

Aww screw it, I can’t afford full liabilty insurance anyways.

If you get limited liability they don’t give two shits. They’ll just pay for the other person if it’s your fault. At least that’s what happened to my friend. He had limited liability, crashed, insurance didn’t even bother to come look at his car. They simply paid for the other peoples repairs. I guess this is the best/safest way to go.

Hey, this is my page http://members.rogers.com/jjm-imports/Turbo.htm DOHC though. pritty much you need the same parts for the sohc just in a differnt form like the manifold.