Turbo Cavalier

My friend that I went to Wyotech with just send me a short video of his turbo Cavalier. Its a T3/T4 57 trim at 8 psi in the video. Hes currently got it at 11. This guy will deff have the fastest Cavalier in a couple of years.

Ha…thats nice. I cant believe that not too many people build J-bodys. They’re ~similar~ to a Honda…small, light…light. lol That Ecotec motor is tough as balls too.

I dig it! :tup: and a :clap:

Looks like it moves pretty good

[quote=“1BADGPGT,post:2,topic:37333"”]

Ha…thats nice. I cant believe that not too many people build J-bodys. They’re ~similar~ to a Honda…small, light…light. lol That Ecotec motor is tough as balls too.

I dig it! :tup: and a :clap:

[/quote]

Thats not an ECOtec. Its and LD9 2.4.

EDIT: I’m trying to get him to come up here next year when hes over 300 wheel to race some people.

pretty cool :slight_smile:

Brian

wow that actually looked like it moved pretty good

:tup:

:tup: but a northstar v8 is my dream j-bod rofl, but im serious…

OT. its not white with a black hood is it?

wow that thing is moving! :tup:

yay for fast J’s! :clap:

[quote=“Slopoke,post:8,topic:37333"”]

OT. its not white with a black hood is it?

[/quote]

no his daily driver cavalier is white(without a black hood) if im not mistaken this is red.

correct me if im wrong dave

is there anything done to the motor is is all stock with a turbo kit ?

[quote=“articzap,post:4,topic:37333"”]

Thats not an ECOtec. Its and LD9 2.4.

EDIT: I’m trying to get him to come up here next year when hes over 300 wheel to race some people.

[/quote]

Well, even bigger :tup: then :wink:

I think ive seen this on j-body or one like it. The white one with the black hood seems to ring a bell… I saw a turbo sunfire too which was tuned pretty nice.

i think choko’s cavy was pretty fast but he was breaking transmission(s) and he got rid of it. was pretty fast though and it sounded awsome.

is there any motor work done or just a turbo kit?

^^^curious too.

I remember a guy in Canada that had/has a white cavalier with the supercharged 3800 in it. He had a hole cut in the hood though.

This car is red. Rods, pistons, HO intake mani I think, and HPTuners. Oh yeah, 3" exhaust. It won’t be much faster till he has a custom billet crank made. Hes expecting to be pushing the limits of the stock crank.

With a 57 trim, either the stock crank is insanely weak or he’s quite optimistic about the power he’ll make.

And as for the fastest cavalier, hasn’t GM campaigned a few Ecotec powered drag cars? There’s no way he’ll chase them down.

[quote=“articzap,post:18,topic:37333"”]

This car is red. Rods, pistons, HO intake mani I think, and HPTuners. Oh yeah, 3" exhaust. It won’t be much faster till he has a custom billet crank made. Hes expecting to be pushing the limits of the stock crank.

[/quote]

you sound like a highschooler in this thread…

and the comment of i think he will have the fastest cavelier is just funny… just cuz he put an 11psi 57trim on it…

i dont know why im being such a dick but christ