turbo guys...help...

i am trying to get me se-r boosted. problem is there are 2 kits available for it. the cheaper one is $3400. that is still expensive to me. other then intercooler, turbo, manifold, safc-2/neo…what else is there to a turbo kit that makes it so expensive??? the one kit says i wont need new injectors unless i go above 8psi, which im not planning on doing anyway. what else is there?? or is $3400 a fair pice for a turbo kit???

Bov, wastegate, Oil lines, Couplers, Injectors, tuning…ect

shit adds up…spray it!

i though about nos, but don’t plan on doing much track time. i was just trying to make my dd a little faster, and have some power when needed…

you make a thread about this every week. Look and see what everyone else does get a shop to make you a kit youll spend half the price and then get tuning avaible.

Can you post link to both kits?

one is turbonetics($4800)…the other is treadstone($3400)

Basically what your paying for in an all inclusive kit is to not have to think about what you have to order and just have everything ready to go on. Instead of oh i forgot that now my cars not gonna be done for another week bc i have to wait for parts to get here. By the kit though and boost it, it’ll be worth it.

:eek: Usually the most expensive kit out there is about the bottom price you’ll pay to have a hand made one off. Its normally quite a bit more because your also going to have to consider installation time.

true story. fabbing manifolds up just doesnt happen during your lunch break. Taking the time to plan the turbo placement, cut n tack pipe, screw it up once then do it over again, break it all down, final weld… So many people have no idea what kinda work is involved to get a quality fit kit done.

I built a budget kit when i turbo’d my 2gnt eclipse with the 420a motor for around 1000 bucks. If I would do it again, I’d shell out a little more and just buy a premade manifold etc to help take the guess work out of things.

Its all about how much work you want to put into it. If you can fabricate basic things, i’d gather up parts, pre-plan, then take a week and do it yourself. Notice I said a week, not a weekend though.

thats why i asked. i come from the restaurant industry, and anything made in house is cheaper then buying something premade. but i can understand why its cheaper with a kit for cars…someone already did the measuring/cutting/designing etc… all you have to do is install…

Do you know what turbo’s each come with? I’ve installed turbonetics kits before and I can’t understand why they are so much money. The turbo should be where you spend your money. Even the manifold can sometimes be just a log manifold, dropping your cost a lot.

All I know about treadstone is they look like just another ebay kit… is there a link to it? I’d like to see what it looks like.

i believe its www.treadstoneperformance.com i am not sure on what makes it quality or not. if it looks good, let me know.

I Wish!!! my turbo was the Cheapest thing on my build…:blue:

When a $1000 turbo is the cheapest part, u have problems

:bigthumb: