Turbo LS1 SS v2.0

I figured the last car wasn’t fast enough…

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32317[/ATTACH]

…so I decided to give it another try with this…

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32318[/ATTACH]

The car is very clean and a nice base to start from. It had plenty for me to sell off to raise funds for toys including a T56 transmission with all the accessories, Moser 12-bolt, extra seats, CTS-V brakes, Fast intake, Nitrous system, suspension, and some other stuff.

Here’s some more pictures of what I was starting with:

Not bad, but not my style.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32321[/ATTACH]

Not quite my idea of clean…

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32322[/ATTACH]

So naturally I took the car apart to it’s bare elements… :fu:

First thing was stripping the bottom and giving it a clean new finish (black rubberized undercoat… yes I added weight, shame on me…)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32323[/ATTACH]

I had good luck with my last one, so I bought another Moser M9 rear end with torque arm. I went with an aluminum center section, spool, 3.0 gears :snky:, shortened axles, and 5/8" studs. Welded some brackets on, prepped, and painted it…

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32324[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32325[/ATTACH]

Assembled the rear end, dropped the oil fill tube in it :fu:… got everything installed. Also ran new brake lines (Russell steel braided ends and -3an to 3/8"IF adapters, talk about nickel and diming). While I was at it, added a new BMR big boy anti-sway bar. Also had to do some Strange rear drag brakes. ARGHH I forgot the pains of car spending, but she sure do look purty :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32326[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32327[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32328[/ATTACH]

So nice

So clean

that rear end though :tup:

Up front I ran new brake lines, eliminated ABS, added a proportioning valve and a line lock. No pictures since that’s not too exciting. I decided to add a tubular K-member with plenty of clearance so I can jump right into phase 2 next winter, and avoid having to make brake lines twice. I just installed the “K” and front chassis components for mock-up and to run the front brake lines. Speaking of brakes, I refurbished the factory front brakes, and bought some Hawk HPS pads for them.

Below is a recent picture of the car before I put the front chassis parts on for mock up.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32329[/ATTACH]

I currently have Competition Transmissions in Tonawanda building me a pretty stout TH400. Carl built me a killer trans last go around and it was a no-brainer for me to go back to him. We decided to step it up this go around with an aluminum ATI drum. It will have the JW Ultrabell like last time, and will take “anything I throw at it”. The trans should be ready in about 1-2 weeks, which is really the last major item for this winter. Wheel wise, I went with the same Billet Specialties Street Lites as last time, but 1" narrower on the rear tire so I didn’t have to mini-tub.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32330[/ATTACH]

I’m at the stage where there are 2334563 little projects to wrap it up for the winter, such as mounting the shifter to fit in the M6 console which involves placing and removing the console 100+ times… huge pain in the ass. I’ll get some more pictures tomorrow.

HUGE thanks for JT76 keeping me company on my man weekends in the shop. I’d also like to thank Sailor Jerry, Mr. Jack Daniels, the Three Olives corporation, Bicardi, and Bud Light for helping me keep my sanity.

I hope to have the car wrapped up for the summer within the month. Big emphasis is being put on the details. This car is being built for some fuckin big power… and at the same time have nice overall driving manners. This winter was all about building a solid platform. Coming soon…

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32331[/ATTACH]

Undecided between twins (in the neighborhood of Precision 6766), or something like a single 94mm. Honestly, turbos have changed so much since my last go around so i have some research to do.

This thread delivers!

What track did you do that wheelie at?

im surprised your doing the same style build w the same car.

Meh, there are better cars to build, financially, but that is pretty bad ass. I want build a car as clean as this someday.

Thanks guys. Choda, I never wheelied the car. The picture was from the new owner, I just liked it haha. That was with the same setup though with exception to the Big Stuff 3.

I know it’s kind of boring to build a similar setup on the same car… I just enjoyed working on and driving these cars, and the cost was/is right for me. There are other cars I’d like to build, but they are all more expensive to do than this, and I have plenty of other things at the moment I need to put my money towards (just bought a new truck, house mods, travel, other things…). Ultimately I’d like to keep this long term as my fast toy, and hopefully be able to pick up another toy that I won’t molest like a C6Z…

Looks good!

Hopefully we can get some decent cruises together roll around playing Disturbed like old times.

:bigclap:

Lol.

Nice stuff :tup:

\

This sounds like a challenge. :tspry:

Should run twin super 99’s…

super clean so far. I’m jealous of your shop.

Super clean. Did you seal the bottom then undercoat? I can’t really tell from the pics.

Thanks guys. I didn’t seal the bottom before I undercoated. I just cleaned cleaned it with a degreaser and water, gave it a quick scuff with a scotchbrite, and went to town with about 5-6 bottles of the undercoating. It covers very well and is very durable.

I had to look up what those Super 99’s were. They look pretty darn stout, although I think I want to go with T4 flanges if I go twins, and I really don’t want to spend $4k on turbos alone. (unless STM wants to cut me a deal cough cough!)

Well if it helps the ETS GTR just went 7.81 at 183 with those turbos on it haha. They’re pretty insane. The boostin performance DSM also went 8.5 at 181 using the super 99 as well.

Twin T6 framed setup is BAUCE! You are welcome to use my TIG anytime if you havent grabbed one yet.