Turbob16's Turbo Del Sol

a surge tank is simple. it’s a way to constantly keep fuel to a gravity fed style pump (which are any of the big flowing pumps such as the weldon or the A1000 or the eliminator). basically, what you do is use a small intank pump, such as a stock pump, a walbro, or probably the best bet is the denso supra pump to feed a small 1/2 gallon tank (the surge tank) and then have an outlet on the bottom of that to gravity feed into the gigantic pump. the beauty of it is, the small intank pump can flow enough for like 2000 hp because it’s under no pressure, you run a return line back out of the surge tank to the stock return line on your tank. it will constantly keep the surge tank full as well because you run the return back from your rail to the surge tank. pretty simple system actually and extremely reliable especially if you drive it on the street. no more having to keep 3/4 tank of gas to keep from starving the pump when you hit your brakes on a sumped stock tank.

sure… have you had a pump go out? i have…believe me, the car keeps running. if you’re not careful, you end up with what my friend did with a melted ball of piston.

6 second capable sure…only went a 7.37 though…but that is a whole other story i could save for another post.

even worse idea than twin 044’s actually. it would create more of a restriction having two pumps inline. NRG gas tank looks ok, i’m sure would work better than a sumped tank, but doesn’t look like it holds much for the street.

it’s only going to be as strong as the 044 can be. the 044 is a suction feed pump, having the 255 before it would probably hinder it more than it would help it.