Turbob16's Turbo Del Sol

S300, Jeff if you ever decide to run your car again let me know I wanna see it go 9s

FIXED :grouphug:

a surge tank is simple. it’s a way to constantly keep fuel to a gravity fed style pump (which are any of the big flowing pumps such as the weldon or the A1000 or the eliminator). basically, what you do is use a small intank pump, such as a stock pump, a walbro, or probably the best bet is the denso supra pump to feed a small 1/2 gallon tank (the surge tank) and then have an outlet on the bottom of that to gravity feed into the gigantic pump. the beauty of it is, the small intank pump can flow enough for like 2000 hp because it’s under no pressure, you run a return line back out of the surge tank to the stock return line on your tank. it will constantly keep the surge tank full as well because you run the return back from your rail to the surge tank. pretty simple system actually and extremely reliable especially if you drive it on the street. no more having to keep 3/4 tank of gas to keep from starving the pump when you hit your brakes on a sumped stock tank.

sure… have you had a pump go out? i have…believe me, the car keeps running. if you’re not careful, you end up with what my friend did with a melted ball of piston.

6 second capable sure…only went a 7.37 though…but that is a whole other story i could save for another post.

even worse idea than twin 044’s actually. it would create more of a restriction having two pumps inline. NRG gas tank looks ok, i’m sure would work better than a sumped tank, but doesn’t look like it holds much for the street.

it’s only going to be as strong as the 044 can be. the 044 is a suction feed pump, having the 255 before it would probably hinder it more than it would help it.

yea i actually had a pump go out on me and it shut me down as it was a direct short till the motor opend. once it opend toss another fuse in and drove with 8psi lower for pressure. thats why i stated depends on how they are wired. if you wire them individually then yes you have no idea if one goes out if you wire them together then it does as i stated.

I know it is not the perfect setup, I’m not here to argue because I respect your opinion and quite frankly one big pump > all setups. But this is why I suggested it for Jason. The reasoning behind the 255>044 inline is this:

1. It has been proven to over 700hp.
  2. Easiest install, 255 is in the tank already, just need to run the 044 inline and proper lines.
  3. Is cost effective. I know he is doing a giant build and will be short on funds.

That being said, when I was building the talon for e-85 I optioned for dual intank walbros, because it was quite affordable. My dream setup would have been this DVDT’s cnc’d mounting bracket for a waterman mechanical fuel pump, it would have been my end all fuel system until I died.

Note that more power can be made with the same size injector with higher base fuel pressures. You must have a fuel pump that sustain high fuel pressures. The BEST pump we have found is the Bosch 044 inline fuel pump. Using a Walbro 255lph HP intank fuel pump, and the Bosch 044 fuel pump inline fuel pressure can be held in the 120-130 psi range. With high base fuel pressures of 60-70psi, 20-30% more cc/min flow can be had from the same injector size. If using E85 fuel, all injector ratings will be approximately 30% less.

Straight off jeff evans site. I am no jeff evans ball rider, be has seen many many cars come threw his shop.

ya right, you like his balls!

Out of all the people on this site I knew you would be the first to comment on this. You my friend. Jumped up and hung on to his nutsak and never let go!

Haha…you knew i couldnt let you get away with that. Your just hatin cause i dont get my shit tuned by u!

not trying to start an arguement, but if he is already doing a huge build, why skimp out on something so important? why take a chance on something happening that will cost 3x as much as doing the fuel system right the first time. i dunno, if it were me building this car, i would just man up and do the big pump rather then roll the dice on two smaller pumps and hoping they do the job consistantly

hmm…well out of anyone’s opinions i would trust, his would be the one, the dude has tuned substantially more cars than i have. i still think i’ve gone faster than 99% of the cars he has tuned though… hahahah…

i don’t know, still contradicts everything i have read. if you guys can get it to work go for it. i’ll still stick to a surge tank with a weldon if i ever build another car.

I got twin walbro 255’s on my car and its gotta be pushing 700whp judging by the 140+ mph traps in a 3550lb car. Plenty more to go and no problems so far. Twin 255’s are good to 1000whp from some of the LSX guys I’ve seen running these setups. I dont know how well inline pumps work tho, but dual intank Y’d into a main feed is plenty capable and easy to do. Its probably alot quieter than a big single pump.

Reliability would depend on the wiring. I know my setup has 2 relays for the 2 pumps and connects to the stock relay in the car. If one pump fails I do not know if the other one will shut off or not, i’d have to ask the guy who built this setup. But yeah that would be a BIG concern if one fails to turn on.

yes the twin intanks are good for 1k rwhp, the inline and intank are godo for about 700rwhp and is frowned apond since the “piggyback setup” isnt as desired as the large external or the twin intanks

Money won’t be spared on fuel I’m just looking for a simple, effective fuel set up, this is agoing to be a huge build but I know what needs done and we have a great group of guys to get it done plus the help I’m getting from
some of you guys off the site I know in the end it will work out. I’d like to
design a manifold for the car so , I’m thinking of making it , tacking it together and having someone tig it, anyone up for it lemme know

i dont really think thats a good idea, how would you be able to test it to even see if it flows better or worse then one you can buy?

that is unless you are jsut going for a 1 off peice then i say go for it.

i would hate to see you sink a bunch of time into something that makes less power than what you have now. Your running an inline pro right now correct? You have the power now to run real nice #'s. The important thing for you is to get some seat time instead of keep adding power. You could gain 200+whp and not be able to apply it due to lack of experience and run the same #'s. Not saying you suck and i have more experience than you but i have seen people not change a damn thing in their setups and shave a full second off of their times just by getting tons of passes in.

I did have minimal track seat time, but every pass I
got consistently better 11.6-11.3-11.1, on 15psi the car was the problem not me, I get what your saying tho , I definetly feel like the car had mid 10s in it on high boost, I’m looking to be more competitive next year at Mir and run other races , to do that more power is needed, plus Im at 100%+ injector duty and the pump is completely maxed out, so fuel is a must, with more fuel I’d like to have the car around 32-34 psi with high boost, and cams are something i’ve wanted to do, nows the time to build, so try and get between 650-700 and just go all out with it, no reason to hold back

n33d traksh3N bARz

need RWD, FWD will only get him so far and will take him broke trying so

Rwd is just not what I’m after right now I have a nice car a great motor great turbo, and it’s more than possible to go fast in fwd, won’t come
off as hard but the top end is the fun part, those were the best races at Mir watching a civic go up against a rediculous mustang and seeing how hard top end
it could pull, and who crossed first, nothing wrong with rwd just not what I’m after