Turbociv VS Psycopjv

everything is new. No CDV on the car. slave is stock and so is master, both are new. Iput the car in the air and 1st gear clutch in rev it up and the wheels start to spin so apparently i need a smaller diameter slave piston or something.

:tup: to both you homos <3

Sweet run.

How far does your pedal travel before you start to engage the clutch? If it is too high the clutch probably isn’t disengaging fully, so try to put a spacer in between the slave and the transmission. Might have to remove the stock studs that hold the slave and replace them with longer ones.

i think u got that backwards. high clutch means warn disc or too much pre load on the Pressure plate. My situation is the clutch engages at the floor making it difficult to get in and out of gear while under high rpms/load due to clutch staying engaged. I need a smaller diameter slave or a larger diameter master and thats not gunna happen. not alot i can do.

:bigtup:

i just had this same issue at the track on tuesday. trying to figure this shit out now…

I had the same issue. I removed my master cylinder. Cut the internal bump stop in half and made the rod adjustable. I lengthened the rod so it would have more push. It worked. My clutch now engages about an 1½ off the floor. Before mine was as soon as the pedal moved and I had trouble getting into gear. This is the reason I was murdering clutches. Got a spare master cylinder John? I’m all about making this work for you.

Here is the writeup on the LS1 master to make it adjustable, along with the drill mod has helped a ton of cars shift great on stock parts like mine.

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/manual-transmission/317767-stock-adjustable-master-cylinder-writeup.html

Good job guys.

Once I patch up my radiator, I’ll be back into it. For some reason my turbo decided to punch the rad in the face.

ive already been through this, My master is nothing like the fbod guys. I have no bump stops or unused travel. I deleted my clutch delay valve already too. Im gunna have to do soemthing realy creative to make this work.:frowning: Just not sure why this is a problem this year apposed to last year.

Ah I thought you were having a problem because of the height of the pressure plate (bimmerforums post).

Still running the dual mass?
Pressure bleed the slave?

If you are 110% sure there is no air, the height of the pressure plate could be lower that stock, so it might be getto, but why not just try to extend the slave rod by welding a piece on the end. Take an old slave cut a piece of the rod off and it you really want to put a sleeve connecting the two and weld on both ends.

If you go under, remove the slave and measure how far in the arm is when it contacts the pressure plate, I can do the same on my e36 to see if the distance is the same.

what your saying to do doesnt effect the amount of throw the slave has. It only makes the rod longer so it will sit deeper inside the slave. There is no way to view the slave movement either once its bolted up. theres no inspection windows.:frowning:

Welp after looking at his master Studdy he’s gonna have to get creative. That friggin thing has no room for anything. Nothing can be deleted without effing something up.

You should be able to calculate how far the slave will move with the diameters of both and the throw of the master, do that and check with the clutch manufacture.

What I was getting at is that you might be just physically maxing out the possible movement of the slave and as a result cannot engage the clutch enough. I was offering to measure how far in the slave has to extend just to make contact with the arm. If I measure 4" and you measure 4.75", then you have already lost .75" of movement just due the height of the pressure plate or a bent/ cracked throw out arm (due to increased plate force).

problem is fixed. I had someone push my clutch pedal in and i watched my new oem stock slave hose expand nearly .030 which when it comes to hydrolics is excessive. I stopped by ferrys this mornin and had them build me a new stainless line hotness.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v371/turbociv/downsized_0529001244.jpg

installed this badboy and my clutch is midthrow just like stock so i think she is good to go now. i banged out some gears earlier and the car had no complaints.

:tup: sorry i wasn’t around last night. I fell alseep at 6:30pm.

ughh, i was so bored last night i think i called everyone in my phone.lol and i still ended up going home and playing COD MW2 and finished up watching the last few episodes of smallville i had on my DVR.lol

guess that clutch works now!!! 30th - 0 Bmw’s - 2