turboSHO caught on fire

Sucks Al.Im sure it will live again very soon

That blows, atleast it wasn’t like that one video of the VW.

insurance adjuster wont find shit any of u been around a insurance adjuster. they dont disect your car they look at it and say ok this is what its going to need this is what its worth and then they make there decision

engine fire caused by careless modifications is not a traffic accident…

they come look at the car, wont even look under the hood or interior, then they lowball you, you tell them what its worth, and you meet in the middle

take the turbo kit off and melt some wires

Some 40 y/o dumb broad will come out and say “Wowo it was on fire, here you go.”

Even a “car guy” might not know that a SHO didn’t have a turbo from the factory. Just tell him its stock if he asks.

When I totaled my out truck it was slammed to the ground and my nos lines blew off in the accident and no one said anything to me. As long as the car passes inspection they have no real reason to hassle you.

i hope so… but an insurance claim on less then 1000 dollars in damange seems like a pretty pointless endeavor for what your “gaining”

i have seen cars burned in a shop i have had friends cars burned down csi isnt going to come out and check the fire out and the cause of it his car doesnt look like arson so he will be fine

Most insurance adjusters are not very automotively inclined. And anyone who doesnt know what they are looking for would not even be able to tell his car is turbo.

isnt the turbo in the bumper anyway?

Yes, you can’t see it unless the bumper is off.

you know how many people couldnt find evidence of the turbo install once the bumper was on ?

and this was after we posted pictures of the entire build

if a bunch of gear heads who know about it cant find it, what makes you think a dimwitted ins adjuster will find it ? some of the stuff that ins adjusters say is totaly astounding.

motor mounts ripped in 2 are still good
smashed radiator is cheaper to repair
pull apart that headlight and superglue it (audi HID unit)
the system still has freon in it (the condenser was already pulled out by me an hour before)
the water never made it inside the car (the interior had a dirty water ring around it)
audi subframes can be straightened

you guys realize that most adjusters are NOT car people, this is because ins companys dont want adjusters who know anything other then what their bosses tell them about auto repair … right ?

I have to agree with brian, if the damage is minimal and can be resolved for …lets say under a thousand, its not really worth the claim.

Jeller

christ you guys are profoundly dumb sometimes

Maybe the “dimwit” adjustor wont see anything, but i guarantee they will take underhood pics and send them along to someone who knows what the are looking at…

My old man is a manager at a major ins company, i am familiar with the process…

No wonder premiums keep going up :lol:

Coming from a guy that has too much money into the drivetrain that doubles what the entire car is worth, and the car isnt worth much…just fix it. I know parts are hard if not impossible for you to find but, I’d either bitch n swear and just fix it, or pull the drivetrain, make whatever I can on the body and get another car. I’ve had many of mishaps on almost every car I’ve owned and luckly I’ve had connections to get it the car back on the road without the insurance being involved.
Could you put everything in a regular Tore-ass? The van isnt a bad idea either. I’ve had thoughts of putting a supercharged 3800 (GM) into a Pontiac Montana. ITs been done but, I’ve considered it for awhile. I’ve already owned a Astro with a SBC in it.

I like Devin’s idea. Find a clean first gen, swap the motor and transaxle.

Mike’s car is stupid clean, too. Black/black :tup:

I just saw on craigslist a low mile '95 MTX/Quaife that could be parted and sold, then swapped.

At least you didn’t get extra crispy!

sry about the car…

my ins tried to deny my claim when I totaled my car. they took pic of it and saw the FMIC…i had to fight to get some money and they only gave me 857.35 for my 94 integra with 75,000 on it and it cost me 250 for buy back :gotme: i dont think you will get that much for the car

ewww… thats a low ball like w0o0o, well good luck with what ever you decide

The Quaifed 95MTX is mine and Alex, you know I would hook you up and if you have the time to part out some of my car then I know you could make money on it. I just don’t have the time.