Turby Winter '08/'09 rebuild **"almost done" pics, post 424

no way, i can mount slicks on my stock wheels. tons have easily cut 1.4’s on 17’s

You always set yourself up for failure when you say “tons have easily done *********” and you don’t run anywhere close :slight_smile:

I think I said that at one point…

thanks for the fruit punch lol

didnt really post in a while…
it’s starting to come together. february is my window to get in the body shop/booth, so im really pushing to get it rolling by then. this means the cage needs to be tig’d and painted, tubs completely done, rear-end rebuilt, all the suspension stripped and redone/installed, fuel system etc. gotta get the car rolling, engine dropped out, bottom finished up (painted/assembled) and various other shit.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y78/TurboLS1ss/tubs003.jpg

stripping the suspension. what a pain in the nutsack. the sandblaster keeps acting up, so im just using some very high potent aircraft stripper gel

rear of the cage is in, just need to get to tig’n it. right after that is done i can add the door bars.

pass tub. sealer i used on this side rocked.

i took apart my diff yesterday… i put it off because i was kinda fearing this… more damage from the summer. manufacturer wouldn’t sell me parts in the summer so i know they wont sell me them now (fuckers). this means i have to buy a whole new diff. that’s $500 i really wanted to use elsewhere. not too happy about that but it happens. i hate to put money into this rear, because i really want to put it towards a whole new rearend, but it would be stupid for me to dump another $4000 into the car (would need wheels with the shortened axles). anywho, the additional damage:

this was from summer. it actually kept its form from being machined in summer which is good, but it’s not “right” nonetheless:

on a better note, i finally got around to cleaning the inside of the rear-end housing and all the good parts. diesel powered 150* steam genne for the rear and parts washer for the internals. i’ve had the rebuild kit, so as soon as i order/receive the new diff, everything will be ready to assemble.

ahem***

today i started on the fuel. got it pretty much all situated aside from the wiring. i just need to run to the store to get stuff that’s specifically for fuel, grommets and other… should work well, but this stuff still makes me antsy to get it in and make sure it works.

in about 2 months, the car will be back to looking like it should:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d179/jaysdetail/Berger-ship.jpg

oh, and i decided to switch powerplants:

…ya, that’s a big J.K.

lookin good bud :tup:

God i hope you’re not bald with grey hair in 2 months! :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks man :slight_smile:

Dude you ain’t kidding. I just want it done and out of the way. I’m not enjoying life right now

that poor car :frowning:

i cant wait to see it finished again!

fuckin a Peter ring toss

Good looking progress over the break huh, nice!

thats startin to come together real nice

good stuff bill. if i wasn’t so occupied with the dealership i’d be up there helping do a little body work with ya

thanks guys :slight_smile:

well i was a little hesitant but decided to use some rubberized undercoat for the rear underside of the car. it’s getting close to reinstallation time for the rear parts. i probably missed a few spots, but no worries ill hit them later. i still need to finalize some tabs and stuff, but NBD. also need to install the spring mounts, but the rear end needs to be in to install those, so ill just grind the section for the welds and recoat those areas. i’m pretty happy the way it turned out.

this stuff comes out like a missle, and you get different textures depending on how you spray it. i finished it off by spritzing it from a distance to give it a grainier dry look like a spray on bedliner.

haven’t decided what i want to do forward of the rear compartment, but before anything, i need to powerwash it on the lift once i get it rolling and drop the front clip

here’s what i started with before stripping, sanding, priming and undercoating:

someone was busy today… looking good

not really. took me about an hour to do this. just got here around 7pm

wow that looks so much better, nice work bill!

yeah i bet it smells like ass in the shop now… when i did the bottom of my old honda that stuff smelled terrible.

it smells for like a day then it passes…

i actually did this in short sleeves… which was dumb…lol. i had a nice session with walnut soap and a scrub brush.

I thought those cars came with plastic fuel tanks, cause the 98 Camaro that I swapped a V8 into had a plastic fuel tank. How come you didn’t go with a A1000 with a sump??? Looks good, can’t wait to see it run at the track.