Turby Winter '08/'09 rebuild **"almost done" pics, post 424

1998 Fbods come with a metal tank

1999+ come with a plastic tank

I was all set to go sump but at the last minute changed my mind. The twin intanka saved me 600$, is a much cleaner setup, and I was running into mounting issues with the external pump. Btw, an a1000 woint have ben wayyyy to small. I was going to use a magnafuel pump

wordski

ruh roh.

looks fantastic.

someone was busy

wow that looks great!

looks good

well hello there… what’s your name?

Nice to see things going back together!

thanks guys.

i washed it (cleaned up nice), and got it on the lift, where it will stay for a little while.

the back end of the car looks the best it’s ever looked underneath, and way better than any new stock f-body IMO. unfortunately, somehow everything forward of that managed to get pretty nasty through the events. i plan to drop the engine/trans this week for its cleaning, at which time the bottom will also be powerwashed and decreased, then scuffed, and im going to be using the same undercoating throughout the bottom of the car. it’s very subtle, very forgiving (don’t need to sand as “homogeneous” for lack of a better term as you would with paint), and imo looks awesome. it’s not the huge goobery stuff sprayed in wheel wells. ill post progress pics

very nice

Looks awesome. Keep up the good work.

that looks so badass.

gay.

Wow looks awesome !

starting to come back together. pulled the engine the other night. washed the bottom, several times :picard:, and ended up using the same undercoating i used in the back throughout the whole underside. looks awesome imo, pics dont do it any justice. also washed the engine and shit, and it cleaned up rather well. i might just touch up the K-member with a rattle can, but everything else looks good. thanks to jt76 for helping to polish up my coated pipes again. again, the pictures don’t do it any justice. the flash brings out shit you don’t notice in person. im going to paint the tranny i think, while im waiting for my Quicktime Bellhousing (so i can keep my legs). goal is to have the car running before i leave for Daytona Feb 12th, but that depend on whether my clutch master cylinder returns from McLeod by then (which i just sent out Fri, 2nd day air)… we’ll see. I had to rub down the engine bay a little bit to get rid of the blotchiness. it’s not where i want it yet, but i refuse to strip it down to respray it…

:tup: like it never even happened

Glad to see you got the motor out! (Without killing yourself!)

Haha looks fantastic. Can’t wait to see the outcome.

When I was last at the shop It looked beautiful, fantastic work.

Shows some real dedication when you take off your shoes to enter in your own stripped down car :wink:

thanks guys :slight_smile:

sooooooo you are going to put this experience to good use and help me build one next winter right?