TW(FS): '91 Slicktop 300ZX

Apparently because i dont know what the laughint is about, Is such a conversion not possible?

Major taboo?

I dont have a fucking clue about what you can and cant do, with this shit, i barely know domestics,BARELY

The swap is possible, and not that hard. Everyone looks at Andy’s horror swap and says OMG! That was HORRIBLE! But Andy bought a JDM motor.

Don’t listen to these guys, do you own research - www.twinturbo.net

i dont really know most of these acronyms yet, i know DSM is Diamond Star Motors which is Mitsubishim, JDM is Honda Acura i think, I dont know if Nissan has one.

JDM = Japanese Domestic Market (ie, made for Japan use) - That’s all it stands for.

For example, Nissan 240sx guys like to swap in SR20DET motors. SR20DET motors are JDM motors, and were only put in JDM cars (like the Japanese version of the 240sx.) So they NEED ship over these motors from Japan to put them in their cars.

With the 300zx, you don’t need to buy a JDM motor since the TT motor everyone wants was made for both the 300zx in the USA and Japan. You can find a good TT (TwinTurbo) motor right here in the USA. However, some people still choose to buy JDM versions of the motor for whatever reasons.

i didnt realize u had that much into yours

I thought this car was TT,my appraisal is way off then.:tdown:

Maybe the laughing is because every week you say you’re going to get a different car, or do some wild set up, when you have the money. What happened to TTing the car you want to get painted, or getting a GTP after you get rid of a Bonni and save some money?

yeah… the swap isn’t too bad, providing that you have a good car and good motor to to start with. Andy’s swap kind of sucked, because A: there were wirining issues beforehand. B: his motor sucked ass. C: The clip he got was pretty beat.

I think Kcuvs car is a little nicer under the hood than andy’s was, but after 150K you would be well advised to replace alot of things before hand… ESP wiring harness. D’OH.

I’ve alway thought a SR20DET or even a krazy KA24DET swap would be idea for a Z32, just consider the weight savings alone, not to mention ease of work.

the torque curve of the VG30dett is better than the SR…the KA has nice torque but i dotn think it is as good as powa of the v-6

no slicktop tt’s were made

weight, weight, weight

Your Maxima has a shit load more torque and power than my Sentra, I’ll see you this weekend, do I really need to go there :wink:

It’s been done, but for the cost it’s just not worth it. You can put the same amount of time and money into the VG and make more than enough power to compensate for any weight savings of an SR. The same is true for single turbo setups on Zs.

:word: plus u need to make sure those 4cylinder engines are putting out enough torque just to lug this heavy car around
jon, your estimates are actually right on…TTs are 7K+ if theyre beat…closer to 10 if theyre anything worth while

waiting for guy with sportbike to chime in…

Really putting more power into a VG helps with braking and cornering? I should go out and shoehorn a VQ35 in my cars :bloated:

A KA or SR swaped Z32 would be lighter than a fully passengered 240SX

i would Love to have a discussion about this in the technical section, honestly i would…but unless you have a CBR600F4i or something i am interested in lets try to keep this ish on topic for the time being.

i know weight is a key factor ang the iron block of teh vg kills it…but even if the block were alumimum it would still be a husky car…drop my motor into the Z then its all aluminum…so in theory the 32 less HP my motor has compared to the VG will be made up for in the weight savings of my motor…so ill buy an NA Z…drop a maxima motor in it and be sweet

Fair Enough. Theres about 15 cars that are realisticly in my grasp, in time. Yes i change my mind extremely often about what id love to do, and i have very wacko ideas for cars. The bonni is gone, and im saving money, now i just wait for the end of summer sellers, pick something up, probably the first one becuase im an obsessive compulsive buyer and regret it later.

:tup: to having a plan. It’s gonna be a tough choice though with 15 options. You could throw the names into a hat a go with the first one you pull.

Its not so much a choice, theres 15 options id love to do something with, one of them will probably be for sale end of summer.