Type R Problems (Honda People) *COULD GET EPIC*

I Have a 98 Integra Type R.
Recently i put in new Main and Rod Bearings.
I also put in a new oil pump.

My motor has been suffering from Pre-Ignition/Detonation.
The only change i made was i increased fuel pressure about 8-10 PSI. does anyone have any ideas on to why this is happening. Thanks

why did you increase fuel pressure? and what did you increase the pressure to?

did you adjust the distributor at all?

is the car running on the stock ECU?

I increased fuel pressure because of a sputtering. i increased it to around 55lbs

I adjusted the distributor after i ran it with the fuel up and it kept sputtering.

That was a terrible idea.

any DTC’s? or do you know your AFR’s? (by any chance)
Whats your ignition timing currently?
Whens the time you did an engine cleaning? (for carbon deposits and what not, generally an intake fed cleaner)
Whats your driving style like with the car?

Wow you fucked that up. You cant just adjust shit with out having a clue what you are doing.

Wow, you didn’t help at all like the last guy!

Theres nothing you can do with out a wideband or any mention of what the timing is set to. Only a jack ass just turns shit with out any clue of whats being affected.

Listen, just don’t trash this guys help thread just because you think he’s an idiot. That wont help him at all. If you wanna trash talk, just pm me, i’ll listen to you and help you feel a little less lonely.

There is rarely a reason to ever increase fuel pressure at all let alone on what I assume is a mostly stock itr motor. 55lbs is very high, you probly lost a lot of power doing this.

When you adjusted the distributor did you use a timing gun? You likely advanced it to the point of detonation.

Im not looking for a gay date with you sorry. And its called constructive criticism you putz

are you getting detonation on all cylinders or just one?

Haha only a jackass turns shit up without any clue?
Pretty funny that me at 16 years old building motors in state and country wide competitions has no idea what he is talking about?
But im sure you know so much more then i do.

And i was just simply trying trial and error, im sure you could do soo much better.
Im just looking for some different point of views if anyone had experienced this before.

Cylinders one and three were the only ones with the signs.

We used a timing gun.

I would take a longshot and guess its your fuel pressure, or possibly bad injectors.

hows carbon build up look? any at all?
And whats your advance set to now?
And what plugs are you running?
And when do you notice the knock? (what driving condition?)

Well i know cyl 3 tends to run lean in hondas the c5 motor, i doubt theres that big of a coincidence that 1 and 3 could have bad injectors.

Edit double post

What did you set timing at? Did you pin the service connector to lock timing when you did it? Why did you replace bearings in the motor? Is this running on a stock ecu?

Let’s also clarify building a motor and tuning a car are 2 completely different things. Second, anyone that increases fuel pressure 25% without a wideband and a reason doesn’t need to be bragging about some high school competition.