UAlbany goons, get in here

Long story short, I just paid my tuition bill today and 90% of the classes I need to take for this semester are full. :’(

I also am thinking about changing degrees. Right now I am doing accounting and don’t really like it. I was pondering the switch to B.S. Business Administration - IT Management.

I’m not sure how useful this degree will be, but the subjects it requires are much more interesting to me than accounting.

Any halfway-legitimate comments/thoughts/opinions would be appreciated. :lol

Stay out of the IT world unless you plan on killing yourself in 5 years.

My thought exactly.

As far as UA goes, how you people who go there like it? It seems like a fucking massive school and I would get lost easily.

Also hows the commuter lot? Nothing like hvcc, eh?

EVERYONE is on the IT bandwagon.

+1

IT work sucks these days, especially with cuts and layoffs everywhere. You end up doing more for less and spend the majority of your life on-call to fix what some asshole thinks is critical.

Or you end up working for the state where they threaten to lay you off/not pay you every week.

What does a BA in IT Management actually teach you anyways?

It’s not as big as it feels. At least that’s how I felt. The majority of the classes are located right in the center of the campus.

I’m on my way out of IT, been in 5-6 years now.

If your a decent Engineer, you can always find work. But you are definitely on call a lot, higher stress, decent pay.

Yeah to hell with IT, next thing I know I’ll be trading my Cobalt in for a Maxima and sitting home on Fridays masturbating to the cross

BAHAHAHAHAHHA

:rofl

+rep for the Ilya refrence

haahahahah

You will know the campus in 2 weeks…it’s not bad at all.

Classes are full a lot you have to go to them the first day of class or email the professor ahead of time to try and get a permission number, try to have a back-up plan in case this doesn’t work though.

Haha my case exactly. back to hvcc for another semester. FML

I thought you were at Siena Leo?

I am, but the classes I have to take are full because I haven’t registered yet.

Oh the classes at Siena are full? You’ll have the same problem at UALBs. I never registered on time haha…always had to get permission numbers.

I might end up having to take a semester at HVCC.

:rofl

Communication major.

http://theedmontonian.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/196217268_1703431390_AMC-MP-Starsky-Hutch-BenOwen.jpg

Do it do it.

Accounting classes do suck and are really boring, but hey people will always need accountants. I’m an accounting major btw

Thought about it myself, but just like IT, I didn’t want to be on the news in 5 years for shooting myself.

Way too many careers out there to sign up myself for that one.

For the record, managerial accounting was fun, financial sucked.