Ugh, coolant bottle sprung a leak

Actually I should say, is completely destroyed. The headers melted about a 5 inch hole in the coolant overflow bottle and there is NO coolant in there now.
How bad is this? I’m assuming it’s been like this at least since I bought it.
Could I just rig up a gatoraid bottle or something? how would I go about checking if I have enough coolant aswell?

Coolant is drawn in and out of that reservoir with every heat cycle which means your coolant system now has air in it, if you even have any coolant left. Not good at all. I wouldn’t even drive your car if I were you. If you think you can rig up some other type of container that the draw tube can actually reach inside and function properly, it would work as a temp fix but wait until your engine is cool and top off the radiator first.

a gatorade bottle?

rly?

what vehicle?

04 cbr 600rr

you can rig up a bottle of some sort.

ORRR!!! go buy one!

put bike on stands, buy new reservoir, replace, and wrap the pipes to avoid future problems.

that is all…

my friend tom uses a beer can with the top cut off and it works perfect. lol it looks hilarious too.

more true for cars, some bikes but would have helped if he woulda told ya/us what it was.

why the hell is it so close, maybe thats why triumphs are under the seat

I was going to do a quick fix, i’m going to run to hamburg honda tomorrow and pick one up.
I have akaprovik headers too, that could be were the excess heat is coming from.

coolant bottles on cars are just precautions so u dont spill out on the track every car has a tube comming out of the coolant resevoir to bleed off excess its not a sealed system. i dont know about bikes but i would think its the same deal

^^I’m sorry but WHAT?! Just a precaution? Your radiator cap opens at a preset pressure and allows coolant to flow into the resevoir and when the pressure drops, fluid is drawn from the resevoir into the coolant system once again. This happens every single time your car goes through a heat cycle. It’s not like the good-ole days where the pressure just built up to oblivion and had no where to go except for out of your water-pump seals and exploding radiator hoses.

Also, my mistake with my first post, I thought you were talking about a car.