ugh...dilema

haha…i know i know…i felt weird putting the short shifter in…it just doesnt seem right taking apart a car with less 3k miles on it.

No it is… Just how true ballas roll, you think the X to the Z leaves his qx56 on stock rollaz… nawww… hees got xbox360’s in his 28’s… and it comes with burnout 2

your’s isn’t slipping now, so leave it. Save money for what you want to do come spring.

why not wait until the t/c comes out, sell your current SS for 1/4 of what you just bought it for and use it as a downpayment.

1k for a clutch? i hope its dual disc…

If it ain’t broke…

…it doesn’t have enough features.

and then how do i pay it off? :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m just an idea guy, you have to be the miracle worker…

I always think a better clutch is well worth the $, then you dont have to worry when you do drive it like you stole it. A pretty moded cobalt ss kept up with my girls gli the other day i was impresed. Was it you? It was black with black wheels. She has a stage 3 kit in her car. Still the stock clutch, and its getting a bigger turbo and pullys next year with the new pc. So far its well over the stock 200 hp mark. She is also on her second set of front tires in 20,000 miles. Her clutch is still perfect.

Do you always make a claim and the support it with contradictory evidence?

It’s a 6 puck, single “plate”. It’s pretty strong though. They are releasing a twin plate sometime though, as they already have a part number, but god knows when that’s going to happen. If he does the same mods I have, the stock clutch will eventually start slipping. I replaced mine as a precaution at 16k miles. If you’ve got the extra $ and it won’t kill you to buy it, I’d so go for it.

nah it wasnt me…i still have the stock chrome rims and the only thing done to my car is a B&M short shifter.

i’m going to try and put in some overtime to get it. i wanna get springs, a catback, intake, stage 2, and the clutch by spring so i can install it all. are you running the stock flywheel? also do you know if there are any clutches out there that are comparable to the exedy and a bit cheaper?

Damn are there other options for a clutch that are less that still work good. I mean shit i think i paid 650 for my clutch and it holds my 600+hp setup i think it would be crazy that you would need a 1k clutch unless you plan to do some crazy stuff. All in all i would wait till it isnt working great anymore. I took my stock clutch into the tens and it worked great but it would slip some when hotlapping so i replaced it.

i know 1k is a bit steep but it felt great when i drove 05orangess’s car. i’m going to look around and see if i can find something thats cheaper.

The exedy includes everything at that price. New pressure plate, the clutch and a brand new flywheel. So if you think about it that price isnt that bad. I wouldnt even do the stage 2 kit. Check out new era performance, they have a package that get you about 260-270 whp and is decently priced.

this is probably the only thing im not looking forward to in the next 8-15k miles.

so i’m looking at CAI’s right now…anyone have any comments on AEM intakes…any issues with them?

fucking engineers :lol:

EDIT: in response to this thread, jesus you always have something for sale because you are short on cash, save the money, maybe even put it in something that can earn you interest

(jesus I am getting old, and I am only 24)

no actually thats not the case…im always selling shit because i dont have room for it. The only time i can remember posting that i need cash was for the down payment on my car.