ughh... got a ticket

I got pulled over by a bicycle cop (actually 2 of them together) in Sq. Hill for doing a Pgh left (end of the light when it goes red, not jumping the gun at the beginning)…ok, the van in front of me did a Pgh left, I blew through pretty hard on red.

I know I know…why did you stop? Just keep going? Well traffic was lined on on that block for the next light too, so I wouldn’t have scored any points with the cops. Fortunately my boyish charm, clean vehicle, and the fact that 3 more people did it while they ran my plates got me off with just a warning. That was the first warning I’ve ever had, I usually get hammered.

Your all idiots! When u get as ticket, no matter what it is…FIGHT IT! Be sure to have a good excuse adn in your case your cell phone, radio AND WDVE said it was 6:04 PM at night so it WAS legal for you to turn. U fucking rookies, u are already proven guilty until proven inocent,fuck the other way around it.

fight it, ur clock said 6pm right?

I make that left everyday and it cuts 15 minutes off my trip home. I got a ticket for it last summer. I treat it like a toll and will continue to make the turn regardless.

and about fighting it - what time is on the ticket? It doesn’t matter what time you thought it was.

Time says 5:55, I already sent the check in so I can’t fight it. I don’t think it would be worth the hassle. It does cut at least 15-20 mins off the trip time though! Even getting the ticket I still got through faster then if I stayed on the main road, maybe they should look at the traffic problem and not ticket the people trying to get around their problem.

tell them your clock was off on your car lol… I would fight it anyway.

i’m all about not paying for dumb fines… but like 77redneck siad… it’s pretty obvious that you cannot make that turn between 4-6 or until after 6 (can’t remember, but it’s clearly marked?)… why fight it? i doubt 107 bucks is going to break the bank and it’s an obvious illegal turn.

people that needlessly take shit to traffic court are the people that is causing the system to become a big fucking mess… if you’re speeding then man up, why go and try to lie ?

granted, i go to court over points, as i think it’s silly to be on the verge of losing your license after one or two tickets… but in the same respect, i never go in saying that i’m totally innocent… otheriwse, i doubt i would have been pulled over… eh?

and LOL @ the 17 year old giving life experience advice… pls grow up, kthxbye

Traffic violations are mostly just a revenue generator, and do almost nothing for public safety. The country would be a better place if we eliminated it.

Probably a very dangerous left turn @ 4-6pm. That’s Public Safety
If i did it in a 18 wheeler and held up traffic, you guys would be saying @$^%!$%

No points no care.

They told me when I got the ticket that the reason it is no turns 4-6 is because a kid got hit on that road during that time last year… They must only be allowed to play on the street from 4-6.

Thats exactly how I feel… I’m leaving work 10 minutes later today so that I can take that road and still save 5 minutes :rolleyes:

turtoise > hare

:slight_smile:

I’d say ur beat.