Uh Oh, Fender bender

Just thought i would share my fender bender with everyone.

I was in the woodbine mall parking lot this evening on my way out a van decided to back out of his spot into my car even after i stopped and honked at him…
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb123/jeffo88/Fenderbender014.jpg
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb123/jeffo88/Fenderbender011.jpg
Fender buckled in the middle from stress
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb123/jeffo88/Fenderbender015.jpg

If you look close the hood is now tighter at the windsheild than the bumper of the car, it actually hits the fender when opened and closed
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb123/jeffo88/Fenderbender017.jpg
Somehow the opposite side marker light popped out aswell (i hope no frame damage)

Time to get myself some quotes and hope i dont have to un modify my car this weekend…the guy wants to pay for it so i need my quotes before the weekend if its too much for him claim here i come. i have 7 days to report this correct?

You have 24 hours to go to a Collision Centre to report as far as I know.

Parking lot accidents are really tough. Regardless of whos fault it is, if it goes through insurance, expect a fight and a rate hike.

Try to settle it out of the collision centre, go tomorrow, seriously. take off work, I’ve had a friend who got fucked with a situation similar to this.

Text me if you want the name of my body shop who can give you both quotes…one insurance quote and one everyday you and me normal person quote with cash…

seriously, get this shit sorted out tomorrow. before your 24 hours.

Did you get contact info from any witnesses if any were present at all? My family was also involved in a fender bender recently and we won our case despite the fact that it was on private property (parking lot). As long as you have someone to testify for you, there is always a chance of turning over a 50/50 ruling.

edit: oh and the 24 hour time limit is flexible, just call and explain your situation and they’ll usually be understanding. I had an accident early this summer, and i thought the “limit” was 3 days, i paniced when i heard it was 1 day but the collision center was very understanding and i reported the accident 4 days after the actualy time of incident.

meh, it adds character.

^ lol, battle scars, I would have gone ape shit on that guys ass. Best of luck man.

Also, are you running Zenki fenders?

No witnesses. If i report it will they be taking pictures of the car because my insurance will neglect me with a whole shit ton of my un modified car…Engine swap, wheels, BBK, exhaust intake FMIC, Gauges, lowered…etc…

93 so i believe thats what they would be wouldnt they?

Edit: should be chuki if its the 93… me thinks, i dont remember.

Yes they will be taking photos. I never actually claimed when i reported it. From MY experience, unless you report it to insurance yourself, they will not even bother looking at the report or photos. So you could use it as a scare tactic to get paid if you’re down.

just get a stupid hurts bandaid

I got rear ended wit a scracth on my bumper, got a quote for 1500 the next day, settled with 800 cash the day after.

Thats a small price to pay for people if thet are worried about their premiums going up. Or for some, they may be getting dropped, or creepy white can OBVIOUSLY MEANS THAT HE IS A PEDO BEAR IN DISGUISE. He’ll pay whatever you tell him to. lolz…

yeah im getting it fixed for sure… i just hope he is not a broke ass and can actually pay me. his econoline van was pretty shitty looking already. I went to report it and they told me if he is going to pay i dont need to bother, they gave me a letter saying i was there though incase he does not pay later on so i can go back worry free and report it.

lol, ronnie is on to something pedo forsure.

That sucks dont go threw insurance…

I thought if you get in an accident on private property both insurance companies pay (yours pays for your damage, and his pays for his damage) is this correct?

let me know when you are parting it out?

yep, when this happens to me, I will simply get out of my car and inflict equal or greater damage on the other car, say oh well 50/50 no fault private property and drive away,

I’ll probably smash a window though, thats always a huge piss off

lol if its an s13 you’re going to hit, always aim for the rear quarters… thats a fucking piss off right there.

well id just get another fender and keep whatever money buddy gives you for fun stuff like mods. if its a track car then its just going to get scuffed eventaully anywyas … like keez says … meh

forget that, i just wish it was the middle section of my car then i could get my rocker fixed the fenders and 1/4s are all in good shape on my car, so was the frame i hope it still is.

time to go get some quotes now though.

And yes insurance is 50/50 so if the guy doesnt pay up for it then i will likely be parting the car… dont hold me to it yet though.

dude, rather than part the thing…just sell it whole. There would be a line up of people buying it. If parting, I get dibs on my old wheel and brake combo, cool?