ulnar nerve transposition

I didn’t either until I woke up from surgery. Tuesday, I get the left side done. Doc said my ulnar nerve looked liked a pinched garden hose when he go in there. Thanks!

I got diagnosed at the VA hospital in Albany. An EMG (electromyogram)test confirmed reduced nerve signals on the median and ulnar nerves. Cubital tunnel effects the the ring and pinky fingers, they constantly feel asleep. Carpel tunnel effects the thumb and 1st 2 fingers. There a few clinical test your doctor can do to diagnose it. You must have an EMG test to confirm it, before anyone will do surgery. My symptoms were lose of grip, numbness/tingling, serious pain at night and in the morning when I woke up. Often my hands would feel paralyzed for 10 to 15 minutes before I would even feel the tingling (asleep) feeling when I woke up. If you think you may have it get it checked out before you end up like me and up under the knife.

The primary cause of this is, as quoted for a medical sire: "One common cause of problems is frequent bending of the elbow, such as pulling levers, reaching, or lifting. Constant direct pressure on the elbow over time may also lead to cubital tunnel syndrome. The nerve can be irritated from leaning on the elbow while you sit at a desk or from using the elbow rest during a long drive or while running machinery. The ulnar nerve can also be damaged from a blow to the cubital tunnel. "

I do all of these things at my job, for the past 6 years. I hope this information helps you, ass I had no idea that this condition even existed until I developed serious pain and problems doing simple tasks.