Ummmmm....motha fawker..........

Yeah, it’s just slow and frustration communication really. Contacting Darron in AUS, replying to people still up in the UK. Trying to locate the damn NISMO or OS giken replacement part. Getrag is of no use, part NLA according to their available info. NUSA is weak as well.

The biggest issue is trying to see if the upgraded parts will work with the preferred clutch I spec’ed out for this…

The center section of the box is very similar to the R160 out of the MK4 supras and uses many common internals…:ninja

V160 is the Getrag 6 speed in the mk4, R154 is 5 speed.

ive been looking around for the Nismo IS, not finding anything. but the nismo copper metallic twin is a pretty nice looking clutch

Dur me, yeah it’s dubbed V in the toyotas, R in the nissans. It is the same gearbox though, just has a transfer case on the GTR’s

This NISMO part is like ghost shit. Everyone swears it exists, nobody can tell me where to buy. RHDJ and Darron are working on it.

Unreal. I can buy a new R160, minus the t-case, for $5700 + shipping. OS Giken sequential for $14K

should cossey need one I have pretty good pull with an importer I could have another gtr tranny here within a week it would be used but in good condition just opening another option

Well, it’s now 4am and I’m beat.

NISMO shaft…verified discontinued straight from Japan. I will try to locate one second han, unused but I have been informed “good f-ing luck with that”.

Russel at RHDJ is in japan right now looking up the stuff for tranny parts to list on his site for me to buy from new. He has everything I need otherwise w/o having to buy an entire Trust gasket set. Getting metal, not fiber gaskets this time around and OE shaft seals not aftermarket junk <—Trust uses all OE/metal stuff :slight_smile:

Darron is a bitch and is still sleeping, wuss :slight_smile:

the other thing is I have the nissan japanese parts directory and look up so you can figure out part numbers thanks to john powell

http://www.ooparts-international.co.jp/index/car/listbybrand/osgiken/transmission/index.html

Input Shaft for [GTR26DETT GTR] 60,900 yen [sandard/holinger]

If you can find the PN for the R160 input shaft that would be helpful

That’s from the nissan online parts catalog, reference number 3 in the photo lists as part number 32200AA400 and described as “Gear Main Drive”. I can’t be certain if that is the correct part without some nissan confirmation though

very interesting…now how can I go about getting that part for 60,900 yen? :lol

ah that’s FS5W30A whihc is five speed tranny.

looking it up right now be back in a min

download the language pack get the phone number call them ask for a english speaking operator

OOPARTS International, Inc.
10-10, Kiribatake, Kanagawa-ku, Yokohama, 221-0832 Japan
Fax: +81-45-306-5410 Tel: +81-90-5423-1443 or +81-45-314-2141
Out of Place of Artifacts
2007"OOPARTS" all rights reserved. ©®

and i did it for you

they accept all major credit cards

the part number you gave me is the factory nissan part number I had a listing for the nismo one but no part number

yeah I just noticed it was a 5spd as well i am half asleep

Yeah, apparently the Nismo piece is NLA so they pulled all information on it on the sites I’ve found.

I’ll most likely just have to get the factory piece and send it to treatment. Give me an excuse to get some laser peening done :lol. The Nismo part had a larger spine configuration, which means it only worked with a few of the more aggressive clutches(APS carbon, ORG, etc). Looks like OEM is going to be it, if I can actually buy it separately still.

I appreciate the assistance you offered thus far :slight_smile:

used cars are used cars :cry:

sucks to hear this happened but adam obviously got this shit under control :smiley:

i like the new spokespeople for cossey btw

do they make trans braces to stiffen them up so there is no flex?

I lasered my peen last night.

Your sig is making me hungry.

Sucks to hear…

And Jeff… Craigslist clutch? Srsly? :Idiots

Anyways that clutch is srs bzns… but way to much for a car like this. Now hopefully when we see cossey driving it doesnt take him a few mins to get moving cause that cocksucker is so grabby…

See thats the one big problem with owning the GOD of all JDM Cars here in america…

Finding certain parts other than say motor parts as RB’s are comming over here more frequenstly… but drivetrain parts/electrical shit for this car has got to be a pain right in the balls