UnderArmor.

I’m looking to get good winter clothing for work related outdoor activity and general snowboarding.

In need of something to keep me primarily warm besides the jacket and a proper ventilation to the body.

From what I understand UnderArmor is just the ticket, but I’ve personally have not had any experience with the brand or that type of material/clothing.

I’m also not big on brand name if there is another product on the market, using same materials that will do the same job for a fraction of the price, I would be all for it.

Anybody have any experience with it? If so what sort do you have and how do you like it?

Underarmor works pretty well… but nothing beats a fleece for sheer warmth IMO. On a side note, you should come to Jiminy Monday!

+1 I layer in fleece and keep warm through just about everything. Those that have been to my shop in the winter know how f-ing cold it get’s up here on top of the mountain and fleece always keeps warmth in while blocking wind. Plus you can buy it cheap vs that underarmor stuff.

I agree, but I think underarmor makes a great first layer. I was on my HS’s XC ski race team the past 3 years and once I warmed up I raced in a longsleeve underarmor shirt and a tee shirt on top and underarmor long-john dealios and waterproof ski pants on the bottom. That and waterproof wool synthetic socks and I was toasty warm for all of my 10 or 11k (6.2 or 6.8mi) races, from 5 below to 35 degrees!

^that must have been a really cold day (2 years ago, i think), because normally I rolled up my sleeves and didn’t wear a hat. :rofl that shit was INTENSE.

xc skiing :gay

I agree. :mamoru::gay

on a side note… kramer if you wore an underarmor jumpsuit, you’d probably be mistaken as a stick figure

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. :smiley: Try skiing 7 miles at 6:30/mile pace. And that’s UP hills and down. It’s like distance running, but actually requires skill, not just endurance lol.

I have the underarmor long johns and undershirt. They work pretty well and picked them up for $50 each at Dicks. I go ice fishing and last Sunday I was on the ice for 8-9hours straight and was warm enough. I also have underarmor hat, IceArmor gloves, good pac boots, underarmor boot socks and carhart like suit.

I offer no advice since I don’t do outdoor activities in the cold weather and don’t own any underarmor products, but just don’t be “that guy” that wears just the tight underarmor shit with nothing over it. So many homosexuals at the gym do that.

+1 hence the tee shirt in my pic lol

i wear it for hockey.

I find that since it clings to your skin tightly you dont feel drafts or chills as easily.

One downfall though is that in a very strenuous sport it holds the sweat near the body so when i have down time on the ice that can sometimes get chilly but games that slow hardly ever happen

I don’t wear that stuff for hockey. I sweat to death as it is skating around. I’m sure it’s different for you because you’re a goalie.

i have one shirt for snowboarding and it seems too work really well. the thing i like about it is its thin so you don’t look like a huge fat guy with 3 fleeces on and you can move around a bit easier

at a quick glance, i see BI-RY hahaha

are u the ghey?

yeah i get chilly in slow games.

Break a sweat in warm ups then stand around. not fun

To answer this… yes… b-ri tried to make out with me once

u said you wouldn’t tell anyone aha

Its all about the layers, I reccomend EMS as a good place to pick up some quality warm stuff. Start with one of their techwick base layers throw a fleece over that then either a warm insulated jacket or a fleece jacket combined with a wind/waterproof shell. Then do something similar for your lower half.

My underarmor setup worked again very well this morning, it was -8 on the ice and warmed up to about 16 around 2pm.