Understeering

hey got a qq for anyone im sure tons know the answers, dont know if htis is the right place to post i tohuhgt it was so here goes

i drive an s13, and its abd for udnersteer, what are the ways i can increase oversteer? please be very specific n technical, i ahve ideas myself i wanna see what other peoples decisions are… OH and does anyone know decent alignment specs for a drift spec car? i plan to re align my s13 into drift spec, so anyone can throw out some realistic numbers?

Wider front wheels and tires. Easy.

stiffer swaybar in the rear
stiffer rear end suspention
or softer front end

Mael

and good front grip, so have some tires with some good tread, or you’ll just kill more sidewall and drive like a fwd.

Tires.

get good tires… basic
get better suspension(at least lower springs) coils… 2nd step

anyone know the alignment specs for a 240sx for drifting?

you need a hicus swap bar

I found that to be the biggest thing with countering understeer… (soft front suspension and stiff in the rear)

Something like the KYB AGX does a really good job and its much cheaper then going with a full coilover and is also not as stiff.

how much is a set? and where can i get em?

talk to s14_2Nv. he did a group buy on it earlier this year. he might be able to get you a set.

lol mungrin dont change ur car to drift alignment specs…

drift your car how it is first please… not knocking ur skills but there is no secret to drifting but the driver skills… any car can be drifted…

drivingggggggggggggggg

watch the Nas2 video from sasha. It’s an inspiration!

I got KYB AGX in my s13 and there great man. I run em both on soft when I want a smooth ride and its rain season. and Both Stiff for performance, They make my car handle like a dream… Takin 30 on ramps at 80/90 :). Fun stuff. ANd the back end is easy to break when you stiffen it. It also has stiffer springs, strut bar and 205 tires.

No.

Actually, adding a tire that is too wide for your setup can end up causing even more problems.

Soo much great advice in his thread…

As far as alignment specs go; there is no specific ‘setup’ that works. It depends from car to car, and on the various suspension parts you have installed.
For example:
Guy A is running Tein coilovers set to stiff with fully adjustable arms and a rollcage, stock brakes, 15x9 wheels with 235/50 tires.
Guy B is running MR Race coilovers with Whiteline Swaybars, Z32 brakes, 17x10.5 with 305/35 tires.
Guy C is running Eibach Sporlines and KYB AGX dampners, Cusco LSD, 6POT calipers with 15" rotors, 18x10 wheels with 225/40 tires.

If they were all to enter the exact same alignment numbers, they will not all handle the same.

See my point?