Unicorn oil filter...

Wix and Pure ones are the best bang for your buck filters.

If you just want the cheapest good filter go with Promotive - it’s identical to regular purelator just without “graphics” in a plain box, usually sold to commercial accounts. I think it’s around $2.

Huh? I use Napa Gold but pretty much anything but Fram is a “good filter”.

who makes the motorcraft filters?

Honeywell

http://minimopar.knizefamily.net/oilfilters/index.html

is that good?

Scratch that, got the lines mixed up, Purelator makes motorcraft, so it’s fine.

I thought AC Delco had someone else building there filters now and they were not as good? I may be wrong. As long as it is not the cheapo Fram I don’t think. I run Motorcraft/K&N/Purolator but Mann in my BMW.

According to the link above AC Delco is made by Champion Labs in the last decade, same company as KN&N and Mobil 1 (KN and Mobil1 are identical except for the nut IIRC).

Napa and Wix are identical as well.

I haven’t researched oil filters in awhile, but I think the ‘lower’ line Napa’s are made my Champion.

your suppose to filter your oil??? hmmm thats news to me…

For filters, I used either Napa Gold, PureOne, or Mobil 1 (if on sale) for the Subaru.

For the BMW, I use either OEM (Mann) or Mahle filters. They’re cartridge type though, not that spin on bull shit.

I use Purolator Gold in my car (usually b/c Advance does package deals with them) and OEM in the bike.

Correct me if I’m wrong but I’ve heard Wix actually makes the Supertech filters sold at Walmart. I have used those before also.

Walmart filters are made by Champion Labs. Good filter.

From what I remember reading most OEM filters are inferior to any half decent after market filter.

OEM won’t bother to try to compete with the claims or %'s of filtration of companies that specialize in that, especially as most people will buy OEM without double guessing so they just meet the bare minimum standard of low 90’s% filtration.

Just like most OEM bike oils aren’t superior (Yamaha lube, Honda oil, etc) as they don’t make it and outsource it to a basic 3rd party and label.

isnt there something to do with the bypass pressure of the spring inside the filter itself?
im sticking with the toyo ryoki filter from the mazda rx8 (has the proper spring pressure and has a little more capacity), but i have used the oem blue filter made by honeywell. aftermarket filters have different bypass pressures than oem filters.

If you want your head to explode

Mistake to use filter w/ lower bypass than OEM?

K&N/Mobile 1 etc are basicly the same iirc

Not only that they actually don’t filter worth shit. They are performance because they allow more flow, but their actually filtration in microns is much shittier then say a Purolator

Mid 90’s% filtration I believe.

IDK what the percentage is, but one of those sites, might be the one you lsited the dude said that in microns that the K&N and Mobile 1’s fell short of ones such as purolator

thats all IIRC… im only 3 hours of sleep for the past 2 days so I might be wrong… but there was some exspensive filter that filtered about as good as a pair of fishnet stockings

Wal-Mart filters and Delco filters are garbage.

There are two types of filters made by Champion Labs. The eco ones which are shitty (walmart, delco and others) and the performance ones which are good (mobil 1 and k&n).