Update on Basil Family of Dealership moves

Basil Chevy Buick GMC Cadillac Of Wellsville

Right now we are in the process of closing a deal with Rick Bokman Buick GMC Cadillac of Olean to purchase our dealership in Wellsville. It should be closed in 3 to 4 weeks. A little more than three years ago my family and I came to Wellsville with the intention of buying 2 or 3 stores in this market. The first of which was the store I have here, Basil Chevy Buick GMC and Cadillac, then we would expand using this dealership as the cornerstone. Well, as you have all noticed, the car market has changed and our plans have changed. I am very excited about this deal for a few reasons. The first reason is that Rick has been a family friend for almost 30 years when he started as a dealer right after my Dad did. We know he and his family are great people and run a great dealership. Also, Bokman has been our main competition because his dealership and our dealership are the 2 biggest in this market. In today’s climate it is necesary to have more than one location in the same market to be a top performer. To make a long story short, this is great for us, our employee’s, the customers and the dealership. As most of you already know, my wife and I are very excited to be back in Buffalo closer to our friends and family.

Basil Toyota of Lockport

I can confirm we purchased the old Gambino Ford real estate which is next to the current location. I am unable to discuss details about the 2 locations but I will glady let everyone know when it is time.

Basil Resale Delaware of Kenmore

I have had many people ask me when the new building will be going up and the answer is next year. The small section of the old building was demolished to make room for parking and nothing more (that part was nasty anyway). This new building will be one of the most beautiful dealerships you have ever laid eyes upon! I can’t wait to see it.

FYI… the free CARFAX’s come from me so unfortunately I am going to have to stop at the end of October. Sorry…

• David Basil

I think you should get that CTS-V as part of the deal.

what makes you think I didn’t? (remember when I told you the offer to drive it was open?)

yeah, I really need to get out there before this happens then. And I think you should drive it until the end of the year and then sell it to me at a horrible loss so I can has luxo-heaters.

LOL! I have never heard “luxo-heaters”. Not to get too far off topic but I drove it all weekend and it was AMAZING… 0-120 and it was still pulling like an Ox. I hit .64 on the G-meter on an off ramp and my wife and I didn’t notice. The thing even has a traveling weather report in the sat-nav. I’m totally in love.

I’m glad you’re coming back to civilization! I can’t wait for you guys do something with the old Gambino dealership. It’s looked pretty sad for a while now.

Congrats Dave, I’m glad you coming back!

Lots of dealership moves I heard about when I was home this weekend.
Jerry Gradl sold to West Herr (with a ton of cleared land behind it)?
West Herr sold their used car lot on Transit to (not sure if it public) someone else.
Plus there was a couple other ones as well.

I might have missed it but which dealership are you going to be at in the near future?
If I buy a CTS-V off of SmartAuction I need a Caddy dealer to take delivery and certify it. So any future employement plans should consider that.

Ron what are they going for on SmartAuction?

I am not going to look until I am ready to buy. But I know the supply is low because GMAC/Ally was not leasing them 2 years ago when the product launched. Probably just some GM executive cars and some dealers moving stale inventory.

where do you plan on going to Dave?

I haven’t decided where yet but we do have Cadillac in Fredonia so you’ll be just fine.

Congrats

Sounds like things are working out!

:word:

Will you guys be looking for any help in parts or service with the new locations?

I haven’t decided. We have plenty to do here still so I’m not too concerned about that yet… I’ll find a home until I start looking at other dealerships.

I’m sure we will!