Utah drivers can't handle snow.

Exactly, many other countries they realize that and cherish it.

I believe in Germany the driving license is very expensive to get and the test is very hard.

Motorcycle testing is much stricter as well and they have a step system where drivers have to start small and move up.

The other hard thing would be getting a re electable official to push for legislation like this. Not everyone thinks logically like the few people in this thread and would just see it as a huge burden. The person pushing for it could potentially lose a lot of votes. Especially from the aging population. And let’s face it most voters fall in exactly that group.

Because the state cant look past the end of its nose. If it wont happen today, they say fuck it.

Exactly. Officials get elected in becasue they promise shit they have no intentions or RESOURCES to even accomplish. Today I just saw a real example of this. The new CIO wants my group to upgrade to something, they apparently already signed a contract to the vendor for without even asking if its possible to install in the infrastructure. Long and short of it, its cant be installed without lots of new hardware and lots of network changes… signature under a $400K price tag that wont be able to even be installed until more money is shelled out. No planing, no forethought. Thats one example I have of many. If the citizens only knew how much money is pissed away monthly in JUST the agency I work under… their would be a NYS civil war!

Not only would it be a shot in hell at that ever happening, like you said the citizens are mostly way to blind to see the benefit to THEM in the long run and would say “fuck that its a waste of my time and money for something I already can legally do” and not vote for it.

just put a helmet on everyday and play nascar on the way to work. fuck it.

Now I know why you stay away from street bikes ^ :lol

I hated riding in to work in rush hour. I would take Rt 5 allll the way from amsterdam to N.Pearl st to get to work so I could avoid the thruway if I could.