Vacation: Montreal

Anyone ever been? What is there to do? I’m looking to go in May next year.

If i can just drive from Vermont and save myself the flight- it might be worth it.

Let me know what you know.

I can tell you many of them speak only French and they don’t like Americans…generally speaking.

fuck that shithole
I went there when i was working in plattsburg, i didnt like it one bit.

Does Jon get a seat or did he volunteer to be in the luggage?

ROFL! :lol:

I am actually planning on going there around the same time. The night life is great from what I hear. Beautiful city and attractions too.

I have heard really great things about Montreal. Its supposed to be twice the attraction Toronto is.

I will be heading up there soon, and let you know. . .

It is not French only speaking , but not what I would call bi-lingual either…

I hear it is a bitch to drive in and around the city though. . .

I will let you know more details when we visit it for a weekend soon

When I went, about 4 years ago I would guess 85-95% of the people only spoke French. We went to the grocery store, and we were asking about something normal, like pop or chips and they had to hunt down the only person working in the store who spoke any English. Also, they aren’t in love with our culture.

Mt. Tremblant is awesome for snowboarding, and I hear the race track is great too.

I grew up about an hour from there so maybe I’m a little biased, but I certainly wouldn’t make it a vacation destination.

Great if you want to learn french, hate Americans and anyone who doesn’t think Quebec should be it’s own country. If that doesn’t appeal to you I’d look somewhere else for a vacation.

Not sure where in Montreal you are going, but every year about 10 others and I make a trip up to New World Whitewater rafting in QB, not far from Montreal One of the best experiences of my life, and it wasnt even because of the rafting (though, it is one of the premier spots to go and lots of movies have been filmed there). Everyone that goes is under 30, including the staff, and camping involved everyone walking around and meeting each other with campfires and drinks. It’s a straight out of a fiction movie, go if you can.

umm i was just there last year twice for the sabes game and i thought the fans and people were very nice, and most speak english or understand, , , i can almost speak fluent french but i didnt need to except for ordering a pizza on the phone.
from what i saw the city was nice but it was about -10 degrees out and i didnt want to adventure to much

I’ve heard good things about Montreal…I’d love to go sometime

I heard the strip clubs are incredible. :gotme:

over-rated…NFalls is just as good

I went to Montreal with my family once when I was like ten. We sat outside at a little cafe, and some bum came up and peed two tables down from us on the sidewalk… Quite an experience :lol:

I went to Montreal. It sucked ass with the exception of the strip club we went to. I think it was called ‘Super Sex’ or something silly like that. The hating of Americans is true.

That’s why I said “generally speaking”. A majority of the places we went we didn’t experience what I’d call great hospitality. I was visiting a friend who was living there who had similar feelings. I’m not suggesting that it is like this everywhere…but in general they don’t care for Americans.

Good…but no Niagara Falls/Fort Erie.

I’m sure one could have fun in Montreal…just stating that in the time I was up there I was left with a feeling of ever wanting to go back. When it comes to taking a vacation, I can think of many other more pleasant places to go to.

I didnt like it… all the street signs are in french… and mapquest was in english… waht a cluster

Strip clubs have pretty girls, but you can’t touch during lapdances.

Unless you go to some other places…