vails mills rider downed

My friend wrecked his bike tonight at the roundabout in vails mills on a newb mistake, went in way to hot for the roundabout, thought car was gonna cut him off, long story short dumped his bike at 40mph… tshirt and pants…

theres a traffic circle in broadalbin now? when’d that happen?

Damn that sucks dude…
I keep my Bike in Perth so I’m always riding in this area…

Your friend alright?

I’m quite sorry to hear that.

How’s the friend? What are the reactions?

He is doing alot better today, real sore, wishes he was wearing gear now, he said he most deff learnt some lessons as he lays in the bath cleaning roadrash on half his body and looking at pics of his unrideable bike…

Glad he’s alright. Hopefully he keeps riding, just a little smarter now.

not sure when but its at 30 and 29

In theast year or so. They just finished it.

Yea he already cant wait to see if ins covers the damage, or totaling it, but he cant wait to take his new lesson and ride again a lil safer and smarter!

Sorry about your friend man…

Lesson learned and at least he is alright.

ouch! hope he heals up alright

how long has he been riding?

Less time than me, I think 500 miles total on 2wheels…

Sorry to hear man. But no offense, everyone saw it coming… and we dont even know him. Everyone puts a bike down the first year or so riding. Everyone comes into a turn too hot the first time for their skill level and puckers up or downs it. Everyone risks their ass without gear and pays for it.

Its part of the journy… glad hes ok and optimistic it seems.

what kind of bike?

I had a coworker go into the traffic circle too hot by my work trying to “lead the pack” of us leaving instead of staying back.

Locked up the rear, almost lost it, but luckily the only thing hurt was the ego and things worked out well in the long run.

The thing is it does not HAVE to be part of the journy.

It is one thing if you go into a corner too hot don’t have enough experience to manage it. However, it is TOTALLY a different thing IF you made an ACTIVE CHOICE and CHOOSE NOT to wear gear.

Just saying.

I went into a traffic circle a little hot one night thinking it would be fine but hit one of those fucking arrows and lemme tell ya, they’re slippery as a motherfucker. :rofl Will never play around in traffic circles again.

thats true… the one actual variable you can control is gear or no gear. you are right.

loved my supermoto… come in too hot, just go straight and jump it! :rofl

Will try that next time. :lol

+1

ninja 250r, and i partly agree that we are more prone to drop bikes when we are noobs, but my dad has been riding for 35+ years, never once has he downed it! after seeing that happen to my friend i instently changed my ins to collision and not liability lol.