valve cover venting into intake pipe inquiry *pics*

Hey guys I got a catch can and I am debating on two ways of installing it.

1. venting the valve cover to the can and just plugging the intake hole where the hose from teh valve cover used to go
  2. venting the valve cover to the can, and then the can back to the intake

Somebody told me that the mist from the valve is used to lubricate some parts inside the intake tract, is that true ? I mean by the time it gets to the itnake manifold most of it is stuck on the sides of the piping or on the tb plate, the main reason I want to vent it to a catch can is so that it doesnt get gummed up on the turbo and the tb plate. Please let me know if it is ok to do number 1. And many people also relocate the can kind of far from the valvecover fitting, I presume that it should be downhill into the can and not that far located.

how do you people find and much less listen to all these idiots?

^ +1

agreed…

cleanest way to do what you want is simply keep the system of breather lines you have already, run a replacement line to extend the front most breather hose to an area forward and below the valve cover keeping in mind that you want to hose to constantly run downhill. run a sinle line back to the CAI keeping in mind you want a constant uphill slope in the tube…

2 lines one can placement… simple as that. if MTO pulls you over and you have this system then your cool… if you don’t have a return hose to your intake then they will fine you for an improper emissions setup…

BAS i did exactly that and than I come online to check this thread and its exactly as you said, i presume that this will dramatically reduce the amoutn of crud making its way into the pre-turbo intake tract

check out my install

http://xs203.xs.to/xs203/06282/DSC04582.JPG

very nice and clean. But your BOV is on the wrong side…

thanks, take a close look there is a blocking plate between bov and the flange and the bov is uhnooked, its just there cause i dont have a straight piece for there

oooohhh Sneaky sneaky !
(still on the wrong side of the IC tho)

why is it on the wrong side?

Back up your claim, your right its better to have it on the cold side but it will still work on the hot side.

Andrew.

I have mine on the hot side further forward, right after the 45 degree bend and before it heads into the fender and I have no problems.

knock on wood
I have yet to have my car’s idle drop too low when the RPM’s drop or have it stall on me. The BOV releases perfectly when it is supposed to and if I clutch it and put in neutral right after boosting the RPM slows to 1000, then if I stop, it will drop to 750 on the nose and stay there.