veedub golf questions.. UPDATE

bah! two day edit>me. fine, the fuel economy is unbelievable.

ill drive it tomorrow… ill let you know what i think.

how do you test to see if the clutch is going…

put it in 5th at like 50 and flare it like your a drifter with the gas floored not good for it if your do it more than like 5 times but you can tell real quick if the clutch is slipping

how do you tell… non responsiveness?

you are so sexy when you talk all techincal and stuff

i miss you marc :heart: :kiss:

watch the tach and the speedo very closely

if the tach moves and the speedo doesnt, the clutch is slipping.

also they should move proportionately.

Just go by your gut. if the car feels slow to respond like the tires are slipping a little, teh clutch is slipping

aww thanks jon :hug:

i have believe it or not, didnt run well but it ran

haha. i’ve seen them run on vegetable oil. but never seen actual gas in one.

I could never recommend that car as a reliable daily driver. I had a 99 Jetta MKIII. (Same engine and tranny as the golf you are looking at). Not only is the car slower then mud (1/4 in the 17s) but for me it was the biggest POS. I went through three transmissions in 60k miles. The shift linkage broke at 60k. The windows worked when they wanted. The rear passenger door stopped latching at about 55k miles Little shit broke alot. It just plain sucked. To top it all off, i only got $3k on trade over a year ago with only 60k miles on it. So, DO NOT BUY THIS CAR!

I was waiting for that…

well that sucks…

sorry

really… What do you consider “fast”?

That’s just stupid honda humor, don’t worry mikey

I would have been serious about that, till this weekend when I seen a GTI VR6 Turbo, daily driven, pull the slicks out of his trunk when he got to Englishtown, put them up front, and run low 10s at 13Xmph all day. :eek:

X…

well im still going to drive it. it was drive by some girl for its life and well maintained… we will see

I love my Passat, even though it’s not a Golf, I’ve got nothing to complain about on my car.

Sounds like JettaX needs Rubbermaid and Tonka to get together and build a car for his use. Some people can trash/ break anything.(AKA-Ferrari) :smiley:

X…

:smiley:

I don’t think that to be the case. I have not had one single problem with my WRX (which i autox, something i never did with the Jetta) or any other car i have driven. And with the exception of the trannies (which were in no way my fault and all covered under warrenty) there is no way i could have broken anything by use. How could anything i did keep the rear door from latching closed? My car was well maintained, ask anyone who knows me. All VWs that were/are built in mexico have much higher quality issuse then those built in germany. I believe your passat was built in germany. My Jetta and this Golf were both built in Mexico. It is a fact that VWs comming out of the mexican plant have more quality issues then those built in germany.

JON U SHOULD HAVE NEVER TRADED UR CIVIC FOR THE S2K OR U SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT THE RSX-S FROM MIKE

i kno i kno…

but i drove it and it seems fine. clutch and tranny is fine…

when i go through the gears i feel a little but of a rumble by my feet, is that normal considering the tranny is right there?

tons of new parts on the ka… how much would it be to do the timing belt on this beast?