veedub golf questions.. UPDATE

When my tranny went the first time it gave absolutly no warning. I was just driving along in gear and boom. But if you don’t want to heed my warnings, good luck! Hope you have no issues.

im goign to look over the service records tongiht…

im going to take it to vw to take a quick look at it too.

how much is a new tranny for the beast/ timing belt replacemnt (how tuff is it)

The tranny i believe is about $1300 (i never paid for mine because of warrenty) plus labor. My car had only 60k when i got rid of it so i never had to bother with the timming belt, but it shouldn’t be too hard to do, there is alot of room in the engine bay.

i have A 95 Jetta MK3 2.slow, like this golf ur interested in.

there is always going to be horror stories from everyone about everything.

my car is a 95, and has a lil under 75k miles. The thing runs perfectly fine, besides the Check Engine Light comes on once in a while, then goes away… but thats normal for MK3’s when they have dirty MAF’s or bad O2 sensors.

The tranny shifts fine etc etc. I have heard of the 2.0’s going until 237k miles w/o any probs…just timing belt changes and reg. oil changes :slight_smile:

its all give or take. im pretty sure after owning this car, i will never want another make again. I am currently looking to get into a new (way faster) VW.

good luck man! :tup:

My experience being the exact opposite, im sure i will never own a VW ever again. But you also reminded me about my check engine light. It was on so much it burned out. But im glad your experience was different from mine.