Vegas Shooting

I wouldn’t really doubt the fact that their could have been more than one shooter, but I don’t think seeing flashing light on the side of a glass building in LV is enough to say there were more guns firing. Every single video I’ve seen that shows Mandalay Bay shows a light flashing in a different area of the building.

Also wouldn’t you think that by now someone would have posted a picture of other broken windows?

It is certainly not proof and I have not seen broken windows but there is a lot of weird stuff going on. Now they say his money was going to Filipinos. ISIS is big there.
Obviously I don’t know what exactly happened but it just doesn’t add up. He had ammonium nitrate, why didn’t he load up one of his planes and crash it into the crowd? He could have killed thousands of people.

• Updated - - -

I would really like to know if he even has gun powder on his hands but we will never know the truth.

he prob had the satisfaction of firing all those guns… just my opinion. think his gf just landed from Philippine, guess we will find out soon… my guess is that he is a big gambler, most online gambling sites and sportbet are based in Philippine.

OMG… LOOK AT ALL THOSE FLASHING LIGHTS ON THE WINDOWS!!! SO MUCH GUNFIRE!!! FROM MULTIPLE BUILDINGS!!!

Why plan all this and smash the window out? Why not cut out a nice little 5" hole?

Fox news just said he worked at the IRS and USPS. We already know he worked at Lockheed Martin. Starting to sound like possible MK Ultra.

• Updated - - -

You cannot be serious comparing those two videos. Dig your heels and defend 'Murcia’s government.

As more information gets released and people start to evaluate the pictures of the crime scene I’m starting to believe that this man worked for the government. The foresight to do some of the things that he did doesn’t come from some old man who is independently wealthy and likes to gamble his money away. This guy has training that nobody knows about for sure. The one image shows a tube running to another room that he placed there so he could breathe in case they tried to gas his room. He ordered room service in order to get a cart in the hallway to place his CCTV camera so he could see the hallway to know when they were coming in. Things like this arent actions of a deranged man who “isn’t a gun guy”. He was a spook. He’s a pilot, he has multiple properties across the United States, nobody seems to know anything about him, keeps to himself. seems to fit the profile

Deep State operative.

You know they make gas masks for that exact purpose right? I would imagine someone who fits the profile of a spook and is highly trained would use that instead of a hose…Since you could still actual fire a weapon while using a gas mask.

If they used tear gas it effects mucus membranes so simply breathing from a hose doesn’t help you…

yeah i do not think that is a fair comparison at all.

from the various videos and the reactions of the people taking them it is quite reasonable to think there is gunfire coming from the other windows… however… i am not stating that it is in fact gunfire im simply saying that it ‘looks’ like it.

the cab driver video at the 5:00 minute mark shows not just the flashing in the window but also the sound and the driver’s reaction to it who is on the street below. if it were a simple light reflection off the strip she would not have reacted as she did. Also, the sound of gunfire at the beginning of the cab video pretty clearly suggests multiple shooting locations and would be consistent with where the flashing from the windows is coming from.

i’m sure many of us have been to the Mandalay property. i have stayed there many times. not trying to be a conspiracy dude, just observing real footage.

Firing a gun from 30 stories up in between a bunch of tall buildings where sound can echo?

this is the vid i am referring to. if you can watch and listen to the first 1:30 of it and honestly tell me that there is only one shooting location i’ll go along with it. the first burst echoes off the buildings… then there is another burst that is clearly at a different location and the driver even states that it is coming from a different location… then again right above her.

You mean like a guy firing guns from a suite with windows that don’t point out in the same direction?

Like I previously said conspiracy theories are great a Vegas hotel is probably the worst place on earth based on the number of cameras and facial recognition they run especially at a higher end place.

fixed that for ya :wink:

Well, gunfire has 3 distinct sounds when a round is fired. What you are hearing in that video is likely just the different phases of the round firing, and the subsequent delay of the speed of sound.

1 . The sound of the bullet traveling through the air. Rifle fire breaks the sound barrier, so it’s makes a loud “crack” as it passes by.
2. The bullet hitting a target. Usually a “thud”
3. The sound of the muzzle. If you are very far away from the firing gun, the muzzle sound can be up to a few seconds behind the “crack” and “thud”

Remember guys, this isn’t a movie.

i stand corrected, that’s fair.

Dude, stop digging in and supporting “Murica’s government”, MKUltra, The Illuminati, The Deep State and the NWO with your science and logic.

WTF I love FiveThirtyEight now?

Since the Washington Post is being a POS:

Leah Libresco is a statistician and former newswriter at FiveThirtyEight, a data journalism site. She is the author of “Arriving at Amen.”

Before I started researching gun deaths, gun-control policy used to frustrate me. I wished the National Rifle Association would stop blocking common-sense gun-control reforms such as banning assault weapons, restricting silencers, shrinking magazine sizes and all the other measures that could make guns less deadly.

Then, my colleagues and I at FiveThirtyEight spent three months analyzing all 33,000 lives ended by guns each year in the United States, and I wound up frustrated in a whole new way. We looked at what interventions might have saved those people, and the case for the policies I’d lobbied for crumbled when I examined the evidence. The best ideas left standing were narrowly tailored interventions to protect subtypes of potential victims, not broad attempts to limit the lethality of guns.

After a shooting in Las Vegas left at least 58 people dead and injured hundreds, Sen. Chris Murphy (D-Conn.) on Oct. 2 said Congress’s failure to pass gun-control legislation amounts to an “unintentional endorsement” of mass shootings. (U.S. Senate)
I researched the strictly tightened gun laws in Britain and Australia and concluded that they didn’t prove much about what America’s policy should be. Neither nation experienced drops in mass shootings or other gun related-crime that could be attributed to their buybacks and bans. Mass shootings were too rare in Australia for their absence after the buyback program to be clear evidence of progress. And in both Australia and Britain, the gun restrictions had an ambiguous effect on other gun-related crimes or deaths.

When I looked at the other oft-praised policies, I found out that no gun owner walks into the store to buy an “assault weapon.” It’s an invented classification that includes any semi-automatic that has two or more features, such as a bayonet mount, a rocket-propelled grenade-launcher mount, a folding stock or a pistol grip. But guns are modular, and any hobbyist can easily add these features at home, just as if they were snapping together Legos.

As for silencers — they deserve that name only in movies, where they reduce gunfire to a soft puick puick. In real life, silencers limit hearing damage for shooters but don’t make gunfire dangerously quiet. An AR-15 with a silencer is about as loud as a jackhammer. Magazine limits were a little more promising, but a practiced shooter could still change magazines so fast as to make the limit meaningless.

As my co-workers and I kept looking at the data, it seemed less and less clear that one broad gun-control restriction could make a big difference. Two-thirds of gun deaths in the United States every year are suicides. Almost no proposed restriction would make it meaningfully harder for people with guns on hand to use them. I couldn’t even answer my most desperate question: If I had a friend who had guns in his home and a history of suicide attempts, was there anything I could do that would help?

However, the next-largest set of gun deaths — 1 in 5 — were young men aged 15 to 34, killed in homicides. These men were most likely to die at the hands of other young men, often related to gang loyalties or other street violence. And the last notable group of similar deaths was the 1,700 women murdered per year, usually as the result of domestic violence. Far more people were killed in these ways than in mass-shooting incidents, but few of the popularly floated policies were tailored to serve them.

By the time we published our project, I didn’t believe in many of the interventions I’d heard politicians tout. I was still anti-gun, at least from the point of view of most gun owners, and I don’t want a gun in my home, as I think the risk outweighs the benefits. But I can’t endorse policies whose only selling point is that gun owners hate them. Policies that often seem as if they were drafted by people who have encountered guns only as a figure in a briefing book or an image on the news.

Instead, I found the most hope in more narrowly tailored interventions. Potential suicide victims, women menaced by their abusive partners and kids swept up in street vendettas are all in danger from guns, but they each require different protections.

While the attack on the Las Vegas strip is the deadliest in modern American history, attacks in the 19th and 20th centuries had higher death tolls. Here are two deadly events in American history that you may not have heard about. (Victoria Walker/The Washington Post)
Older men, who make up the largest share of gun suicides, need better access to people who could care for them and get them help. Women endangered by specific men need to be prioritized by police, who can enforce restraining orders prohibiting these men from buying and owning guns. Younger men at risk of violence need to be identified before they take a life or lose theirs and to be connected to mentors who can help them de-escalate conflicts.

Even the most data-driven practices, such as New Orleans’ plan to identify gang members for intervention based on previous arrests and weapons seizures, wind up more personal than most policies floated. The young men at risk can be identified by an algorithm, but they have to be disarmed one by one, personally — not en masse as though they were all interchangeable. A reduction in gun deaths is most likely to come from finding smaller chances for victories and expanding those solutions as much as possible. We save lives by focusing on a range of tactics to protect the different kinds of potential victims and reforming potential killers, not from sweeping bans focused on the guns themselves.

you conspiracy theory guys are streeeeeeeeeeeeetttchhing on this. You mean to tell me you think there were other gunman at lower points due to flashing in the windows? The entire fucking city is flashing lights and windows/mirrors. They also just happened to obtain the only guns in the world that can shoot through glass without breaking it? Or, in an effort to cover this up, they replaced the window/got rid off all of the evidence but totally neglected to think people would have cameras at a concert - totally foiling their master plan? If there were multiple shooters, wouldnt the tactical thought process to be at multiple high positions from different directions?

You also want me to believe this guy can get all this ammunition, guns, etc, but cant source a god damn gas mask and runs a breathing tube instead? Do any of you hear the words coming out of your mouth as you spread this crap?

jesus tap dancing christ, i cant even be polite about how absurd this is.

That’s where I’m at too. It’s like talking to a fucking flat earther (which we now have at here at work). I just want to take him out back and drown him in the pond for the good of humanity.