Vegistroke - My truck is running on WVO

Well get some aerosol cans.I’m an idiot, that kills the ozone :frowning: not global warming. BURN FOSSIL FUELS AND LOTS OF THEM!!

Yea you would have to have two tanks… one with diesel and one with BIO/wvo

Run the diesel until the BIO/wvo heats up. and dear god make sure you run it on diesel for 2 - 5min before you shut it off lol… That would suck to have gelled lines lol

edit: note bold

my buddy sean has the fully heated setups in both his WVO vehicles. he doesnt have to mix anything.

Brian

The guy who delivered my oil is running the same kit, in basically the same truck. In the summer he is on oil in ~1 mile. I’m seeing similar results.

In the winter, he is seeing oil coming on in about 2 miles. I plan on running the block heater all winter (as I have in the past) and possibly an additional heater for the oil, on the same plug. As well as blocking off part of my radiator… just to keep things hot.

KEEP THIS IN MIND - I’m not heating all 60 gallons of oil up to 180* before I switch over to oil. Yes, I’m heating the oil… but heating the manifold and the filter is much more important. The manifold (the billet aluminum piece) will get hot way before I’m able to heat all of the oil, the filter on the manifold has a 200w electric heater on it… so once those are up to temp the FASS fuel pump turns on and pumps the oil, no matter how warm it is in the tank. There are no temp sensors in the tank, because when the manifold is up to operating temps, the oil in the tank is warm enough to flow to it, get heated there and then up to almost 200* in the filter. Then it travels inside the heads of the engine (which is where the fuel rails are on my motor) where it is heated even more before it reaches the injector. NOW… it is coming out of the injector at such a high pressure that the temp sky rockets and gets ignited.

I think I lost 2mpg because I’m really romping on it. Imagine if you didn’t pay $4 per gallon for fuel anymore… my right foot gained a couple pounds.

Thanks man…

See my response to Poopra above. All systems are different and all results will vary.

This is true. I could have spent ~$500 to run the truck on WVO. Instead I spent more for a complete, turn-key, kit that my grandma could use. It is fully automated and failsafe. This kit cannot leave you stranded unless you really screw up. it also maintains all of your stock fuel system. If, for whatever reason, your WVO system fails - it automatically goes back to diesel and you don’t feel or have to do a thing. The only reason you know is the green light on the dash is flashing or out completely.

You can see my response to Poopra as well.

Yes, I’m still running the entire diesel fuel system. It is intact as it came from the factory.

This kit is fully automated.
If I’m driving the truck on oil and I get to a drive-thru and they can’t hear me:

• Turn off the oil system. This is just flicking a switch.
  • Turn off the truck.
  • Place order.
  • Turn truck back on.
  • Turn system back on.

If I’m home for the night and there is a foot of snow on the ground and my windshield is freezing the moment I turn off the defroster… or I’m home and it is still 80* outside the truck does the same thing. Just in case.

• Turn off the truck.
  • Go into your house.
  • Don’t worry about a thing.

This kit, because it uses the “extra” fuel ports in my heads to deliver the oil, can be purged with diesel, and it does, everytime you shut the truck off with the kit on. After you shut the truck off it continues to run. The oil is off, so it is running on diesel. For 12 seconds (adjustable on a timer card) the truck purges the oil lines with diesel to remove all oil from the lines and the manifold. For the next 45 seconds (also adjustable) the truck is running on diesel to remove all of the oil from the heads as well as the injectors. The next morning it will start on diesel like it normally would and you’re on your way. When the green light goes on, you’re burning oil and laughing at everyone who isn’t.

VEGISTROKE = :bigclap:

They thought of everything.

The manifold -

The big white thing on the left is a Donaldson oil filter. This is a 1 micron filter (stock I think is 10 micron) that also separates out water. I currently have a 200w heater blanket on it. To the right of that, the black thing with the copper top, thats the purge solenoid. This also has a manual switch on the dash if you wanted to purge oil out of the lines for maintenance or something. The shiny thing to the right of that is a fuel pressure regulator. This limits the FASS fuel pump to 70psi. This is also adjustable. Below that (kinda behind it) is the fuel pressure sensor. This tells the system to turn on or off… as well as the temp sensor which is next to it. These are generic OEM pieces that can be serviced/replaced at any NAPA. You can use the schrader valve on the FPR to check your pressure for both oil and diesel. If your oil pressure isn’t high enough you probably have a clogged filter, or your tank is empty. The black deallie on the far right is the FASS fuel pump. This is also servicable. The hoses on the right and the left of the manifold are:

5/8" hose - coolant in and out
1/2" - oil feed
3/8" - oil return

The entire thing is also rubber mounted so you don’t feel or hear anything.

Brother has a fully automated kit, Father has a manual kit on his f250, and a homemade kit on his 300d merc.

:tup: to being well educated on the matter

:tup:

You too… and your family as well. Wouldn’t mind meeting up with them to share some of this knowledge over some cold ones and some type of fried food.

understatement

=]

how does something like this work on a Cummins?

Jack, I’d like to check out your set up sometime

I’m in Amherst all week for work and in Akron all the time cause I live there.

Just gimme a ring when you want to check it out.

“Something” like this could work. There are Cummins motors running on oil. Vegistroke - the kit I purchased is for 7.3 and 6.0 Powerstroke motors only. They are the easiest to “convert” saftely.

Do you still get the same performance running on the oil? Like your acceleration and whatnot.

I think I lost about 5-10%… nothing the tuner couldn’t compensate for.

I’m making more power now because I’m on my 120 tune all the time, and I don’t care what my MPG is.

Vegitstroke will be on TRUCK U on the SPEED CHANNEL TOMORROW!!!

Pretty neat. I’m surprised truckers and tow trucks aren’t going to this setup.

It would be worth the money for guys like that especially.

The only thing is that major companies wouldn’t go for the unsteady legality of running non taxed fuel in their rigs.

Truckers would get fucked HARD on the road tax. The DOT is all over trucker’s asses for weight, equipment and everything else. They certainly wouldn’t turn a blind eye to carrying 300 gallons of untaxed fuel.

My thought is that I’m paying a premium on the diesel in the truck that I start and shut off on… why pay for the fuel I’m burning aside from that?

damn thats badass!!

I’m all for it in pickup trucks, but coming from a family of truckers, I know the kinda stuff they deal with from the DOT. I wouldn’t ever risk it if it were my living on the line…

But, yeah, it’s sweet for daily transportation. I’ve been kicking around the idea of doing a setup someday.

Forgot to post these up, but when I worked at WingFest I took some pictures of the Fryer Tents, INSANE setups, and Buffalo Bio"steal" took about 23,000 gallons worth of WVO that weekend!

http://photos-e.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v330/104/10/1379370038/n1379370038_30133468_9894.jpg

http://photos-d.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v330/104/10/1379370038/n1379370038_30133467_9471.jpg

http://photos-c.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v330/104/10/1379370038/n1379370038_30133466_9053.jpg

Nice Jack, Ment to post sooner. :tup: now and then we run the tractor on it. but it makes me hungry lol
That reminds me I gotta find your brother tires yet lol

i like

Just about through my 2nd tank. No problems… still smells great.

They are releasing a VegiRam for the Cummins :slight_smile: