Vending, good business idea or no?

soo, im looking to spend a little cash and invest in something new, I see online this guy has 6 legit redbull machines. My ex girlfriend who im very good friends with works at planet fitness which is 24 hours which would be absolutely GREAT for a redbull machine. Im pretty sure If I gave each gym 20% theyd have no problem letting me throw a machine in there… What do you guys think, good or no??

I can get each machine for around a grand to $2k tops… I can prolly grab each can from a wholesaler for $1 and sell em for maybe $3 a can, If I sell 20 cans a day which is EXTREMELY lowballing considering there 24 hours and theres a BILLION fucking people from each planet fitness thats $7200 a month and $86,400 a year PROFIT.

What do you guys think?

fuck the crazy chick and have her buy the machine/redbull

:rofl

:rofl rep.

Bitch doesnt have a dollar to her name, I cleaned her out lol, seriously can we try to keep this thread serious? Its not a ton of money by anymeans but I dont wanna be stuck with $12k in red bull machines lol

I have nothing business related info to contribute but people really drink redbull before/during/after workouts?? I feel like it would have more cons than pros to your workout…but then again Im a gym newb.

I’m with you on that. You’d be better off hiding them in a closet at a school.

If you’re friend isn’t a manager/franchise owner don’t expect to get your machines there. 3 a can seems high. If I had a place to put one would I do it? Probably.

umm, the best time to drink a redbull is right before a workout as with any energy drinks lol… I see ONLY pros in this sense.

She IS a manager and I am friends with lots of the staff not to mention places like that like vending machines and what not to dress up the place… In a regular store there around that price, how is that high? Maybe $0.40 to high but thats about it.

Aren’t they only two dollars at a gas station? I know I’m the kind of cheap fuck who will stop on his way and pick something up rather than spend the extra dollar in a vending machine. I don’t drink that garbage though. Caffeinated syrup mixed with piss and a bit of carbonated water if you ask me.

Talk to her about this before you even consider buying those machines. Plus, you can maybe put two in the gym… what are you going to do with the rest? If you can solidify a place to put them and find a supplier with a verified price per can DELIVERED, then go for it.

I think your figures are a bit generous. Just a smidge.

lol, they sell overpriced gatoraids in the gym like the drink is being retired which is why I can DEF get $3 even $4 if I wanted… I HATE that shit too man lol, but its not about what you want, its the consumer lol… I would ONLY put 1 machine in the gym, but theres a gym in Loudonville, Schenectady, Clifton park, Queensburry, I think Glenville and tons more.

How are they generous at all? Theres over 18,000 memebers in the Loudonville location alone, your telling me I cant sell a measily 20 redbulls a day?? If this was a 9am-5pm location I could see your point, but the BEST part about it is that they are open 24 hours! Thats LESS then 1 redbull an hour… Honestly I think id sell over 50 a day to tell you the truth, but to balance slow days with busy days I lowballed it to 20 a day.

One of the employees there drinks 2-3 a day alone lol.

Like any small business, I think you gotta test run it. Try 1 or 2 machines and see if you can profit off them. If you do well with 1 or 2, keep going and pick up 2 more and so on.

Just my .02

This would be a good idea, but then id have to pay full price for each machine, I can pretty much drop the price of the machines in HALF if I buy all remaining 6.

Entirely up to you then, depends on what you figure you could break even on and such. It sounds good, but say you were to sell for 2.50 (pretty reasonable for a vending machine and competitively priced), and figure the minimum you would need to sell to break even.
Only other outside thing is if the machines need maintenance then cost for that sucks, but from how it sounds to me, I’d crunch some numbers and probably wind up doing it.

Make a machine that sells the crazy chicks number and condoms for the low price of 9.99

maintenance is something I looked past YES, but I dont think it would be a rediculous expense. As for selling the redbull, I just found out the gym used to sell them $4 a can and did pretty well… Im not sure why but the guy who was doing it stopped and that was the end of that. This being said, $3 is def a good deal, I might even up it to $4

Then do it up and make some money! Sounds very profitable, good luck with it!

EDIT: Maybe figure out why the guy who was doing it stopped? If there is a big money loss reason that he backed out then that might be nice to know, or it may even be nice to know he stopped just because he didn’t have the time, or is doing something better. I’d figure it out first just for peace of mind.

Nobody is going to pay $4 for a can of red bull. Most gym rats bring their own powerdrinks anyway.

You’re being overly optimistic about this. That’s what I think, although I’m sure the sheep will chime in eventually with their own feedback.

Sure there’s profit to be made, but there’s also a huge HUGE risk involved. You need to be confident with investments. You can’t “probably” buy this for x amount or dollars or “maybe” do anything. You either do or you don’t, simple.