Vending, good business idea or no?

I know people that do it, I just dont know why more dont. A mechanic shold be able to diagnose on the spot whats wrong so what do you mean minor problems turn into major ones? I’ve seen cars I could sell for 8000-9000 for like 3000 needing a head gasket… Yeah, a head gasket is crazy work but its AALLL labor which means its AALL profit when done… And these cars dirt cheap becuase they need bodywork? Rust repair is detailed yes but dents and shit is no big deal… I just dont get it.

Look on the for sale section on here and check ot the third gen eclipse im selling… That car was for sale for monnthhss before I bought it… I cant believe a mechanic/body guy didnt pick that car up need nothing but bodywork… Guy was asking $1,500, I got em down to $1,000, ripped the amps and subs out and sold them for $300 making me only $700 into this car. $500 in bodywork and you could sell that car for $4,500[/quote]

Sorry not to sound like a dick, but you really have no idea what your talking about. It’s completely impossible to just look at a used car and know everything that it’s going to need. I work for a dealer and see how bad they get screwed on used vehicles all the time even newer ones. Until you put something on a lift and spend a minimum of an hour looking at it your really just guessing. Thats why you don’t see more people doind stuff like that. On the other side of the coin a guy I work with has bought a few cars that needed a lot of work from customers and fixed them himself and made a few grand. However he had already evaluated the vehicles on the clock and knew what they needed. Problem is you run into issues like nonfunctioning electronic issues on a lot of vehicles and it cost major $$ to fix.