Verizon DSL = teh suxor

Correct. However, the further you are from the source the more the signal splits and weakens on its way to you.

I had it since it came out,up until about 2 weeks ago I was getting shafted because they had me on 768/128 and I was being charged the old price still,so they upped it to 1.5/384 and its sooo much better.They also told me that I was being charged for a shitload of phone services i dont even use and they took them off.

:tup: to verizon

exactly as I previously stated, distance from CO will have varying results on speed for different folks.Amount of users is not a factor. Line condition also plays a role. The conditions of lines vary from one street to the next. Powerlink is the better choice.

i like verizon, i have the base rates, and I dont mind because I don’t care about the speed, just as long as I have 24/7 service. I just hate it when it stops for hours at a time, sometimes even days. I called tech, and they say it’s my computer, which is not.

besides that, I can’t complain for 14.95 a month for broadband. Some people pay more for 56k.

Mine has never been down.

damn… cant believe the problems some of you had with DSL

when I had it, I got pretty much the same speeds as cable (with the exception of a few faster servers). If I was able to get it and not have to wait 3 months for it, I’d drop Adelphia for it… cant beat the price

Steve, I don’t know where in Tonawanda you are, but even if they did offer DSL I wouldn’t take it. If the service itself was the problem it would be one thing, but their customer service is aweful as well. I wanted to reach through the phone and kill the person on the other end.