Verizon VIP - Evolve Please Comment

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=966603

Essentially, Verizon offers a VIP club if you have a phone plan of $79.99 or higher for at least 6 months time without any suspensions, etc. After 1 years time, you can get a new phone at the discounted rate as well as 25% off accessories. The only catch is, you have to be invited. I am not sure if that is the case or not but it appears that way from the above link on the Howard Forums. Will Evolve please comment?

I know they offer new every one for plans over 59.99…

anyway to get verizon data prices down?

Yeah, go over to Sprint.

ughhh all my fellow employees use verizon, so even if i switch to sprint the cost of non network minutes would kill me :tdown:

Then you are SOL. My plan is $93/mo and that’s with 450 minutes. At least my work contributes $39 towards it.

You used to get a discounted rate on a phone for any plan after 2 years for any plan. I got mine for free to replace my last phone but i had to sign a 2 year contract, which i was gonna do anyway.

long story short this is nothing new

requirements:

not a secondary on a family share plan (so either a single line or primary, 59.99 or higher)

last time u got a subsidised price on a handset was at least 12 months ago

youve been on a $59.99 plan or higher for at least 3 months.

you have to resign for 2 years

there are some things that can complicate that, but thats about all of it.

or you could just be considered a MERITS customer as well. which would be anything over 79.99 and that you don’t have to be invited too. also has the 25% off on accessories and entitles you too even earlier upgrades but sometimes forfeits the discount.

i belive i pass for all of this that is required.

how do i get invited?

no invite nec. for what i posted. merits is automatic after 6 months.

btw: it gets you the new customer pricing, not NE2 pricing.

Which is better NE2 or new customer as far as pricing goes?

new every 2 gets u UP TO $100 off the new customer price of a phone before rebate, only available after 22 months from your last subsidy price/upgrade

Ahh, that’s right. I am on with Verizon know to see if I can qaulify for the merits program. We’ll see what they say.

if the account is in your name just PM me your cell number and last 4 ss i will check

They said since my plan is only $39.99 and I have a $40 data plan that can be taken off at any time, I don’t qualify. Oh well…

yep, has to be your voice plan