Very Old VLSD V.Suggestions?

Ladies and Gents,

Looking for some suggestions for a VLSD revamp. We’ve got a 1995 S14 with 339,000kms on it. Saturday night we replaced the suspension (Thanks Samson) and went out for a test drive.
After some parking lot testing I decided to take over and push it around a little. It was VERY apparent that the VLSD is old and tired… one wheel peel pretty much the entire time.

Sooo, what do people recommend?

1/ Entire VLSD replacement (find something newer to replace it with)

2/ VLSD Viscous fluid replacement kit

3/ Open diff weld (lol)

buy a clutch type and be done with it.

Andrew.

bad news

you cant repair it

s13 - s14 vlsd’s use an expandable foam (viscious fluid) to lock (via heat)
and this foam is in a sealed compartment that is not accessible and thus not repairable (or so ive read, forget what magazine it ws)

when the foam wears out, buy a new one

Agreed.

Look for a new diff, that isn’t of the open, or viscous variety.

S15 HLSD - Great for the street and actually does its job as an LSD when you need it to.

hey adam, i have a JDM subframe with a vlsd. $200 for the entire vlsd with casing. let me know if your interested

Sweeeeeeeeet

I’ll PM you later

Shafts included?

ANY idea of KMS?
Approximately?

“s13 - s14 vlsd’s use an expandable foam (viscious fluid) to lock (via heat)
and this foam is in a sealed compartment that is not accessible and thus not repairable (or so ive read, forget what magazine it ws)”

Would it be possible to drill a small hole in to this compartment , change the fluid and seal it back up? or do they not sell the fluid anywhere?

I’ve heard differently though, that there is some kind of VLSD rebuild kit that you can buy

i got jdm vlsd’s and skyline clutch lsd and open diff if you need anything?

i dont know much more, just what ive read

i personally would go with a clutch type, and an s15 hlsd is a good start, a jack of all trades so to say

i dont know much more, just what ive read

i personally would go with a clutch type, and an s15 hlsd is a good start, a jack of all trades so to say

shim it.

check d1nz’s forum under the nissan tech tab.

you cant go wrong with an s15 hlsd

a nice 1.5 way clutch type, rebuildable, and the price isnt too high